FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[Q] Sim unlock site recommendations?

44 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By froodle, Member on 11th April 2014, 06:56 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Folks

I have an S4 on EE (UK). Completely stock - not rooted either. Latest ORA updates. I got it in Feb 2014 I need to use it for a couple of months with a Vodafone SIM.

Are any of the SIM unlock web sites reliable and do they work? Can anyone recommend one for me please

Many thanks
 
 
11th April 2014, 06:57 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by froodle

Folks

I have an S4 on EE (UK). Completely stock - not rooted either. Latest ORA updates. I got it in Feb 2014 I need to use it for a couple of months with a Vodafone SIM.

Are any of the SIM unlock web sites reliable and do they work? Can anyone recommend one for me please

Many thanks

ORA =OTA. Sorry
11th April 2014, 07:03 PM |#3  
frapeti's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cordoba, Argentina
Thanks Meter: 4,174
 
Donate to Me
More
Did you try the service menu method?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 07:07 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frapeti

Did you try the service menu method?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

Yes. But it doesn't get past step 4. I don't get a menu with UMTS on it - or any menu in fact
11th April 2014, 08:29 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Reading
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by froodle

Yes. But it doesn't get past step 4. I don't get a menu with UMTS on it - or any menu in fact

Question on the service method unlock. Should the S4 have the original EE sim in it, no sim or the new SIM in it when I try that method?
12th April 2014, 01:19 AM |#6  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 815
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by froodle

Folks

I have an S4 on EE (UK). Completely stock - not rooted either. Latest OTA updates. I got it in Feb 2014 I need to use it for a couple of months with a Vodafone SIM.

Are any of the SIM unlock web sites reliable and do they work? Can anyone recommend one for me please

Many thanks

You can try this ONE. It worked perfectly for me
Last edited by Joku1981; 12th April 2014 at 01:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes