Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q] Is my HTC One legit?

OP Opteeee

11th April 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've bought my HTC One couple months ago, and it works fine, AnTuTu Benchmark detects it as "htc HTC One" with a score of 25695, and the box and everything works as it is supposed to (I've watched a bunch of videos about it). However I didn't get the 4.4 update still (I'm in Serbia which is Europe, South-East Europe) and I wonder if it may be because it isn't legit?

What do I need to post to you guys or look for myself to prove it's legit?

Thanks in advance
11th April 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,078

3,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteeee

I've bought my HTC One couple months ago, and it works fine, AnTuTu Benchmark detects it as "htc HTC One" with a score of 25695, and the box and everything works as it is supposed to (I've watched a bunch of videos about it). However I didn't get the 4.4 update still (I'm in Serbia which is Europe, South-East Europe) and I wonder if it may be because it isn't legit?

What do I need to post to you guys or look for myself to prove it's legit?

Thanks in advance

you need adb / fastboot installed to your pc and from a command prompt run fastboot getvar all ... this will give all your phones info.
also just look at the bootloader (power + volume down)
just google htc One bootloader to see images what it should look like
11th April 2014, 08:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

you need adb / fastboot installed to your pc and from a command prompt run fastboot getvar all ... this will give all your phones info.
also just look at the bootloader (power + volume down)
just google htc One bootloader to see images what it should look like

Thank you
Also, is it normal that I didnt get the update, or am I being worried for no reason?
11th April 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag Central Florida

3,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you
Also, is it normal that I didnt get the update, or am I being worried for no reason?

the updates comes when they come .. some carriers never send them out and you have to download and do the update yourself
11th April 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

the updates comes when they come .. some carriers never send them out and you have to download and do the update yourself

One last thing, any suggestions on where to look for the update and tutorials on how to do it?

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it
11th April 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #6  
Flag Central Florida

3,988 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One last thing, any suggestions on where to look for the update and tutorials on how to do it?

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it

in the HTC General forums are the update threads
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread