Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my HTC One legit?

Tip us?
 
Opteeee
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Is my HTC One legit?

I've bought my HTC One couple months ago, and it works fine, AnTuTu Benchmark detects it as "htc HTC One" with a score of 25695, and the box and everything works as it is supposed to (I've watched a bunch of videos about it). However I didn't get the 4.4 update still (I'm in Serbia which is Europe, South-East Europe) and I wonder if it may be because it isn't legit?

What do I need to post to you guys or look for myself to prove it's legit?

Thanks in advance
 
clsA
Old
#2  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 875
Posts: 3,244
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteeee View Post
I've bought my HTC One couple months ago, and it works fine, AnTuTu Benchmark detects it as "htc HTC One" with a score of 25695, and the box and everything works as it is supposed to (I've watched a bunch of videos about it). However I didn't get the 4.4 update still (I'm in Serbia which is Europe, South-East Europe) and I wonder if it may be because it isn't legit?

What do I need to post to you guys or look for myself to prove it's legit?

Thanks in advance
you need adb / fastboot installed to your pc and from a command prompt run fastboot getvar all ... this will give all your phones info.
also just look at the bootloader (power + volume down)
just google htc One bootloader to see images what it should look like
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
Opteeee
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
you need adb / fastboot installed to your pc and from a command prompt run fastboot getvar all ... this will give all your phones info.
also just look at the bootloader (power + volume down)
just google htc One bootloader to see images what it should look like
Thank you
Also, is it normal that I didnt get the update, or am I being worried for no reason?
 
clsA
Old
#4  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 875
Posts: 3,244
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteeee View Post
Thank you
Also, is it normal that I didnt get the update, or am I being worried for no reason?
the updates comes when they come .. some carriers never send them out and you have to download and do the update yourself
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

 
Opteeee
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
the updates comes when they come .. some carriers never send them out and you have to download and do the update yourself
One last thing, any suggestions on where to look for the update and tutorials on how to do it?

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it
 
clsA
Old
#6  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 875
Posts: 3,244
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteeee View Post
One last thing, any suggestions on where to look for the update and tutorials on how to do it?

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it
in the HTC General forums are the update threads
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more