Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

immersive mode should be optional

Tip us?

can0brains
Old
(Last edited by can0brains; 11th April 2014 at 10:04 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default immersive mode should be optional

Immersive mode should be optional because some people want to see notifications and most importantly the time when in apps without having to switch out of the app. The way it is now we have to wait for the developer to update their application to support immersive mode so that we can at least swipe down to see important information. Bottom line is it doesn't make sense to force the status bar to automatically hide in every application. Not only does this force the developers to update their apps, it makes it very inconvenient if you're not watching a movie or playing a game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6535

Quote:
Originally Posted by can0brains View Post
Immersive mode should be optional because some people want to see notifications and most importantly the time when in apps without having to switch out of the app. The way it is now we have to wait for the developer to update their application to support immersive mode so that we can at least swipe down to see important information. Bottom line is it doesn't make sense to force the status bar to automatically hide in every application. Not only does this force the developers to update their apps, it makes it very inconvenient if you're not watching a movie or playing a game. What do you think?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I think this isn't the right place to post that, maybe in Q&A section!!! Anyway, with those xmodules you can chose which apps you want to immerse. Here &/or here. Have fun.