Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

New Gear Manager icon

11th April 2014, 01:35 PM |#1  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
A minor request I know but this would be appreciated.

Can anyone give me the .apk to replace the horrid White Gear manager icon with the old Gold version?

The new icon looks so cheap!
 
 
11th April 2014, 02:02 PM |#2  
kingears's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gosport, Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 89
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...593066&page=11

however i donwgraded to 1.6 and it just notifies you to upgrade again
11th April 2014, 09:20 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingears

here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...593066&page=11

however i donwgraded to 1.6 and it just notifies you to upgrade again

Thanks. I have done a complete reinstall of both gear and manager and all is working. It's just the icon I require!
11th April 2014, 10:41 PM |#4  
kingears's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gosport, Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 89
 
320 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerheels

Thanks. I have done a complete reinstall of both gear and manager and all is working. It's just the icon I require!

The only way to change the icon itself would be to decompile a pre 2.0 gear manager apk and take the gold icon from the framework and then decompile the new gear manager apk and swap the gold one for the new white one.
11th April 2014, 10:44 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 12
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingears

The only way to change the icon itself would be to decompile a pre 2.0 gear manager apk and take the gold icon from the framework and then decompile the new gear manager apk and swap the gold one for the new white one.

Indeed. I have renamed an old apk as .zip and am working through the files to find the Gold one......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes