Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

KF7HD No Drivers Found/Won't Install

Tip us?

Kareen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question KF7HD No Drivers Found/Won't Install

Sorry for probably posting something that's very common. Everything I try doesn't seem to work and I don't know what to do. I have 2 7" Kindle Fire HD's that I have previously rooted(quite some time ago). My PC HDD crashed and burned recently and I was attempting to sideload some stuff on to them, and I can't seem to figure out how I was able to get the ADB Drivers to install correctly when I first rooted these. ANy help would be greatly appreciated...

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1184
Wrong Forum
I've requested that this thread be moved to 7" Kindle Fire HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

The Kindle Fire HD 7 First Aide Tool has drivers,

but you should also see Windows Device Drivers and the Device Manager
note: written for original kindle but steps are similar
install drivers with First Aide, reboot pc, connect Kindle, update drivers in Device manager.
if that doesn't work, when updating drivers select drivers folder from First aide files, may need to uninstall old drivers, and reboot pc to get it to work.
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kareen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thanks. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I'll take a look at the links provided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
Wrong Forum
I've requested that this thread be moved to 7" Kindle Fire HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

The Kindle Fire HD 7 First Aide Tool has drivers,

but you should also see Windows Device Drivers and the Device Manager
note: written for original kindle but steps are similar
install drivers with First Aide, reboot pc, connect Kindle, update drivers in Device manager.
if that doesn't work, when updating drivers select drivers folder from First aide files, may need to uninstall old drivers, and reboot pc to get it to work.

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
you can use the ones in my signature, if on windows 8 you will need to disable driver signature enforcement first.
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]