Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] droid maxx

OP keldosnick

10th April 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have the newer droid maxx that came out the end of 2013. I am not sure why but its using a ton of data. The is is using over 200mb a day. I am wondering if rooting the phone will help. Since Verizon doesn't have unlimited data anymore all the date I can save will be very helpful. Also if there is s guide for rooting this phone that I could be pointed to that would be very helpful.
10th April 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 99

317 posts
More
Have you went to data usage in settings to see what apps are using all the data? Do you have a lot of apps on auto update from play store?

This is a maxx, not maxxhd?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
11th April 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #3  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 197

1,110 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keldosnick

I have the newer droid maxx that came out the end of 2013. I am not sure why but its using a ton of data. The is is using over 200mb a day. I am wondering if rooting the phone will help. Since Verizon doesn't have unlimited data anymore all the date I can save will be very helpful. Also if there is s guide for rooting this phone that I could be pointed to that would be very helpful.

You need to post in your form. It would be the same as the droid ultra form.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have an app that show whats using data and OS Services are using the most and that doesn't seem right. The phone is just called Droid Maxx it replaced the HD. I was hoping that someone had info if rooting the phone would help with the data usage and also how could Verizon react to that being done. I wanted to make sure they had no way to know that it was done. I had an S4 that I rooted but that was on Sprint and it already had unlimited data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread