Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 52,632 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] droid maxx

Tip us?

keldosnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] droid maxx

I have the newer droid maxx that came out the end of 2013. I am not sure why but its using a ton of data. The is is using over 200mb a day. I am wondering if rooting the phone will help. Since Verizon doesn't have unlimited data anymore all the date I can save will be very helpful. Also if there is s guide for rooting this phone that I could be pointed to that would be very helpful.

Draxin
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Have you went to data usage in settings to see what apps are using all the data? Do you have a lot of apps on auto update from play store?

This is a maxx, not maxxhd?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

tydiamond11
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by keldosnick View Post
I have the newer droid maxx that came out the end of 2013. I am not sure why but its using a ton of data. The is is using over 200mb a day. I am wondering if rooting the phone will help. Since Verizon doesn't have unlimited data anymore all the date I can save will be very helpful. Also if there is s guide for rooting this phone that I could be pointed to that would be very helpful.
You need to post in your form. It would be the same as the droid ultra form.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
* If you find this post helpful please click the "Thanks"

Android's I own Samsung G900V, Droid Razr, HTC Incredible,
Androids I help with Droid Bionic, Amazon Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Asus TF300t, Nexus 7,

God Bless Your Android Work
Caleb T. Durant
www.geotrekweb.com

keldosnick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have an app that show whats using data and OS Services are using the most and that doesn't seem right. The phone is just called Droid Maxx it replaced the HD. I was hoping that someone had info if rooting the phone would help with the data usage and also how could Verizon react to that being done. I wanted to make sure they had no way to know that it was done. I had an S4 that I rooted but that was on Sprint and it already had unlimited data.