Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will the verizon m8 work on AT&T?

Tip us?

itzjonjon69
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Will the verizon m8 work on AT&T?

Hey guys I've been out if the loop, but will the verizon m8 work on AT&T especially with 4G LTE etc? Only reason I ask the verizon iPhone 5s's were unlocked and ATT 4G LTE worked fine on them.

snobrdr2324
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjonjon69 View Post
Hey guys I've been out if the loop, but will the verizon m8 work on AT&T especially with 4G LTE etc? Only reason I ask the verizon iPhone 5s's were unlocked and ATT 4G LTE worked fine on them.

It will work fine on HSPA and AWS LTE but it's lacking band 17 which is still almost exclusively what ATT uses for LTE across the country. The iPhone 5s/5c remains the only Verizon phone that can be legitimately taken to another carrier without any compromises.
The Following User Says Thank You to snobrdr2324 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slapdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I wonder as AT&T continues its rollout of carrier aggregation, if more Verizon phones will get access to AT&Ts networks in carrier aggregated markets.

I guess it all depends on which frequencies AT&T decides to bond, but I'm sure there will be more access to AWS frequencies on AT&Ts networks as carrier aggregation continues to expand.