Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Trying to update software, keeps going to recover and no update. Please help.

OP murf43143

12th April 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Hello,

My phone is root and S-OFF (thank you firewater) and am now trying to update the phone.

My phone downloads the update (1.54.651.8 (114.76MB), puts it in my \downloads directory, and when I hit"Install now" on my phone it just reboots right to recovery and wont install.

Then I say oh well, I have the file in my download directory so I go to flash the .zip to update the phone, and the TWRPs screen flashes a bunch of times, then just goes right back to the TWRP home screen and I then have to reboot the phone, but it has no update.

I can't even disable the update to stop it from popping up until I figure it out, and my phone is rebooting way more than it needs to because of it.

Please help.

Thank you for your time in this manner.
12th April 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #2  
dazednconfused's Avatar
Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 20,445
 
6,377 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murf43143

Hello,

My phone is root and S-OFF (thank you firewater) and am now trying to update the phone.

My phone downloads the update (1.54.651.8 (114.76MB), puts it in my \downloads directory, and when I hit"Install now" on my phone it just reboots right to recovery and wont install.

Then I say oh well, I have the file in my download directory so I go to flash the .zip to update the phone, and the TWRPs screen flashes a bunch of times, then just goes right back to the TWRP home screen and I then have to reboot the phone, but it has no update.

I can't even disable the update to stop it from popping up until I figure it out, and my phone is rebooting way more than it needs to because of it.

Please help.

Thank you for your time in this manner.

You can't flash a system update with a custom recovery. If you want the stock rom and continue to be rooted with custom recovery, then I would suggest Bad Seed Customs Stockish rom located HERE or going over to Captain-Throwback's thread and download the updated stock rom located HERE.
Last edited by dazednconfused; 12th April 2014 at 01:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dazednconfused For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused

You can't flash a system update with a custom recovery. If you want the stock rom and continue to be rooted with custom recovery, then I would suggest Bad Seed Customs Stockish rom located HERE or going over to Captain-Throwback's thread over on theMikMik and download the updated stock rom located HERE.

Thank's a ton.

I am going to have to go with Captain_Throwback's and i'll update my original post if it works.
12th April 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #4  
dazednconfused's Avatar
Recognized Themer / Recognized Developer
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 20,445
 
6,377 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murf43143

Thank's a ton.

I am going to have to go with Captain_Throwback's and i'll update my original post if it works.

Just read his thread and follow instuctions. I've flashed both roms and they both work great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes