[Q] Nexus 7 (2012) forced to bootloop due to 4.4.2

OP MrQuallzin

12th April 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Salem
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
This is the third time trying to write this without my computer blowing up, so I'll be short. After five months of not using my N7 for certain reasons, I came home to update it to Kitkat as I was unable to do so before I came out. The OTA downloaded fine and, like updates before, I clicked install. Sadly, this time the installation did not work correctly, and I stupidly forgot to grab the error code that was thrown. After the failed installation, it went into a bootloop using the new boot screen, and with the boot screen graphic glitch I've seen other people complain about. I can get into Recovery Mode easy enough, which is running ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.3. The bootloader is also unlocked. I've tried to do a factory reset from CWMR, but it hasn't helped.

I've gotten quite rusty with my skills in this work (as if I had any in the first place), so I thought coming here would be a good idea. Any thoughts on how to get Kitkat on working and proper?
12th April 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
nexus root toolkit
Download nexus root toolkit or unified android toolkit to your PC .Install drivers etc and do a factory restore using the KitKat factory image or the restore options in the toolkit
The Following User Says Thank You to mrchaos429 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Salem
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchaos429

Download nexus root toolkit or unified android toolkit to your PC .Install drivers etc and do a factory restore using the KitKat factory image or the restore options in the toolkit

Thank you so much! Took a few minutes to figure it out, but my N7 is back up and running!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread