[guide] change play store download location
Hi guys, today i am here to tell you a method only tested on a galaxy y, but i hope it will work for all. this is a method to change the download location for play store.
This is a simple code but it needs root for sure. now the necessities are as follows:
1. A complete nandroid backup
2. Root Permissions
3. Any terminal emulator. e.g https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cticman.jsterm
4. You need to know the default download location and the mount point of sd card( if that is where you want the new download location )
Now let's start.
Just know this that mnt/sdcard will have to be replaced by your sdcard mount point and data/app will have to be replaced by the default download location. i underlined them for easy understanding.
NOT MY PROBLEM IF THIS FAILS AND YOUR PLAY STORE CRASHES. JUST DO A NANDROID RESTORE.
THERE WILL ALREADY BE A $ AT START SO U DON'T HAVE TO PUT IT.
# mkdir /mnt/sdcard/playstore
# cp -r /data/app/* /mnt/sdcard/playstore
# rm -rf /data/app
# ln -s /mnt/sdcard/playstore /data/app
what the code does:
1. Grant super user permissions
2. Make a directory in sdcard named playstore.
3. Copy all items (recursively) from data/app to sdcard/playstore
4. Delete data/app
5. Symlink the new location to fake the original.
Hitting Thanks can help.
and once again PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE THIS AND RESTORE IF NOT SUCCESSFUL.
This is based on the code used by link2sd.