Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,550 Members 51,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help with modem

Tip us?

HansBlenkers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Need help with modem

Hello all, I posted here several weeks ago about me trying several things on my SPH-L520 to get root back after Knox, and ultimately failing until I found s0be's CyanogenMod project for the SPH-L520. This saved my device and I have a fully working ROM again with root access and the likes, however back when I started this commotion I deleted the modem off of my phone. After tinkering with my brothers phone today and following some very helpful threads I have successfully recovered the modem.bin from his phone. Unfortunately, this is where my expertise ends, as I don't know how to build the constituent parts to include in a .zip to make this modem flashable. Do to the current state of development for the SPH-L520 I also haven't found any modem packages that would work for me on a CDMA network, as most (read: all) of the modem packages I have found are for international LTE variants, and even if my phone successfully accepted them, well you know why that probably wouldn't work. So I'm asking for help, one final push to make my phone a phone again and not a fancy PDA. If anyone knows how I can turn the modem bin i have into a flashable zip, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance, Hans.

Whosat
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Perhaps this thread can help you: http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/archiv...thread-92.html

You need to flash through Odin twice for the modem to take effect.

You will probably be creating a .tar.md5 for modem.bin only
Galaxy Note 3 N9005 //
Galaxy S4 Mini (LTE/GT-I9195): Rooting FAQ | CM11 | CM10.2 | Link2SD
Latest GApps

HansBlenkers
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Perhaps this thread can help you: http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/archiv...thread-92.html

You need to flash through Odin twice for the modem to take effect.

You will probably be creating a .tar.md5 for modem.bin only
Thank you for linking to that thread.Unfortunately, Knox prevents Odin from successfully flashing the modem.tar I created. I'm going to try backing up my brothers modem with ZipMe and installing it on my phone that way.

Hans

HansBlenkers
Old
(Last edited by HansBlenkers; 12th April 2014 at 02:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What the hell is up with my phone? I just when checking around the firmware file with ES File Explorer, and right there inside is the modem files! But for some reason it's not working, the modem isn't being loaded or something because I still have no phone coverage... This is very strange.

Hans

EDIT: So I went into my connectivity settings and tried to add a APN. It wouldn't save to my phone. After that I tried changing my phone from NV to RUIM/SIM, but it wouldn't switch. I also tried to configure a network, but it said I needed to insert my SIM and restart the phone. Odd...