Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 47,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted?

Tip us?

em2drvr03
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Default Will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted?

I was having really bad force close issues and I did a factory reset and it didn't make it better. They were system up and home force closes. They came up constantly so I couldn't even get into settings to turn on debugging mode to do any of the methods to go back to stock. I called and got a replacement but will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted and will they even care.?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
Samsung GS3 " Tmo" White
Rom : DarthStalker v9
Kernal : Faux kernel

HTC Mytouch 4G *Black*
Carrier: T-Mobile
Roms: Cm7

xeoph
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by em2drvr03 View Post
I was having really bad force close issues and I did a factory reset and it didn't make it better. They were system up and home force closes. They came up constantly so I couldn't even get into settings to turn on debugging mode to do any of the methods to go back to stock. I called and got a replacement but will T-Mobile know my phone was rooted and will they even care.?

Rooting does void your warranty and supposedly there is a root detection mechanism that they use that's on the stock ROM. I've only seen it mentioned but I don't know anything about it.

On the other hand people have sent in LG G2's for screen repair that are rooted and they've just received a new phone back. Since your problem is software and not hardware I imagine there could be extra grief in trying to repair a phone that's rooted since they will use different tools. I'd say it would depend on how they repair/replace your phone.

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 50
You can remove the ROOTED indication in download mode. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2700992

em2drvr03
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond12 View Post
You can remove the ROOTED indication in download mode. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2700992
The problem is that bc of the fc's it won't me do anything on the phone. It's completely unresponsive.

Samsung GS3 " Tmo" White
Rom : DarthStalker v9
Kernal : Faux kernel

HTC Mytouch 4G *Black*
Carrier: T-Mobile
Roms: Cm7

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Have you tried a hardware factory reset using the poweron key sequence? (power+vol-, let go when LG logo comes up, press again immediately)
Also, maybe try to reflash 4.2.2 kdz.