Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,684 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Mini Pro Sk17i ambiance light sensor disable/broken?

Tip us?

hwoarang5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy Xperia Mini Pro Sk17i ambiance light sensor disable/broken?

Hi out of the blue my Xperia Mini Pro Sk17i ambiance light sensor is either disable or broken ,

when i open service menu by dialing *#*#7378423#*#* , ambiance light sensor just show value = 0, i shine lights over also won't change....
is it possible its disable or broken? please help, my phone is out of warranty, i was hoping for a DIY repairs on it, any guide or tips on which part should i replace,?

thanks in advance

Pixelado
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Hey there. I'll just assume you're using a stock rom, and I'll asume it (your light sensor) is actually broken.

"Repairing" it wont be cheap, because it's part of the flex ribbon/cable assembly, which also holds the front camera, notification LED, proximity sensor, home button, display/touchscreen assembly connector and speaker pins. Pretty much everything is soldered to this component.

There *could* be a problem with your flex ribbon. Perhams some of its wires are starting to break? I know this can lead to all sorts of issues, because it started messing with my LED some months ago. But, on the other hand, it might just be a faulty sensor.

Whatever it might be, I say you leave it as it is. Replacing the flex is no joke on the XMP.
CyanogenMod-loving Xperia Mini Pro user.

hwoarang5
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwoarang5 View Post
Hi out of the blue my Xperia Mini Pro Sk17i ambiance light sensor is either disable or broken ,

when i open service menu by dialing *#*#7378423#*#* , ambiance light sensor just show value = 0, i shine lights over also won't change....
is it possible its disable or broken? please help, my phone is out of warranty, i was hoping for a DIY repairs on it, any guide or tips on which part should i replace,?

thanks in advance
thanks for the reply.... im not on stock rom , its 4.04 zelly cream 6.0 AWESOME ROM!!! love it... but before i flash this, i already have issue with the sensor ...

hmm i saw a video on replacing the lcd screen, seems not that hard, just lots of steps... but problem is im not sure where to find the replacement part for the board as u mention, the lcd is common in ebay, etc...

thanks for the reply by the way. i willing to fix it myself as i love this phone alot!! i use it for work,papago gps map, calls, fb ,messaging thats all.. the keyboard and its compact body is my fav combination...

borislavba
Old
(Last edited by borislavba; 11th April 2014 at 01:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ebay

Search on ebay for "flex cable sk17i".

Before disassembly please make sure that the cable you will receive has all the sensors and the camera. The first time I purchased such a cable, it came without proximity sensor... Unfortunately I cannot upload pictures or links, but google is your friend, right?

Pixelado
Old
Thanks Meter 47
If I were you, I'd look for a flex ribbon with the "1241-7544" part number between the big gray square and the display port/slot. Genuine parts WILL have this number, cheap knock-offs don't (at least most of the time).
CyanogenMod-loving Xperia Mini Pro user.