Sideload apps disappear

OP softech_inc

9th April 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Have a Galaxy Gear, non-root.. default launcher

sideloaded 2 different calculator apps and they both disappear shortly (for sure after a watch reboot, but it might in fact disappear even earlier)

i saw some post telling to backup and restore after.. is there any easier way to make sure all sideload app stays there?

Notice that Gear Manager -> Application does not show any sideload app.. is that the reason?

thanks
10th April 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 357

1,636 posts
Your sideloaded non-gear certified apps will disappear once you open Gear Manager. Gear manager does not support non-Gear certified apps.

If you need Gear Manager to adjust some settings, then Just set whatever you need in Gear Manager, back out. Then restart your Gear.

All your sideloaded apps will remain in the launcher as long as you don't open Gear Manager.

This needs to be a sticky, too many people ask the same question in a day.

Why don't people use search these days?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klau1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 8

50 posts
More
Unbelieveable bug! Open gear manager and the non approved apps disappear! Wtf!
12th April 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klau1

Your sideloaded non-gear certified apps will disappear once you open Gear Manager. Gear manager does not support non-Gear certified apps.

If you need Gear Manager to adjust some settings, then Just set whatever you need in Gear Manager, back out. Then restart your Gear.

All your sideloaded apps will remain in the launcher as long as you don't open Gear Manager.

This needs to be a sticky, too many people ask the same question in a day.

Why don't people use search these days?

Thanks.. sorry.. I did search but didn't find the answer .. thanks for telling me the "feature" of Gear manager.. I hope someone can come out with a permanent solution.. honest.. Gear really don't have enough app.. and missed some key app (like calculator)...I wouldn't want to sideload if they have the "basic" one on their store.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to softech_inc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread