[Q] Sprint LG G2 to Page Plus Flash

OP el_bizarro

12th April 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Apologies if Answered somewhere else..

I have a Sprint LG G2 Flashed to Page Plus where I bought it but I lose Data Service and Have to Disable then Re-Enable Data on a Regular Basis..

My Question is : Could a Genuine Verizon G2 Flash be put onto a Sprint G2 Phone to make the Phone True Verizon ?..

I would like to Make this Phone as True as Possible and realise I would lose all Sprint Stock Firmware which I don't really use anyway..

If this would be Possible would the Phone then Work out of the Box on Page Plus or would I have to Reflash to Allow Page Plus to work..

I am assuming that as long as the ESN number stays the same the Phone will just work and Hopefully Fix my Data Issues..

Does anyone think this would also fix the GSM Lock Issue ?..

Any Comments would be welcomed..

Thanks

El..
12th April 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 90

506 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_bizarro

Apologies if Answered somewhere else..

I have a Sprint LG G2 Flashed to Page Plus where I bought it but I lose Data Service and Have to Disable then Re-Enable Data on a Regular Basis..

My Question is : Could a Genuine Verizon G2 Flash be put onto a Sprint G2 Phone to make the Phone True Verizon ?..

I would like to Make this Phone as True as Possible and realise I would lose all Sprint Stock Firmware which I don't really use anyway..

If this would be Possible would the Phone then Work out of the Box on Page Plus or would I have to Reflash to Allow Page Plus to work..

I am assuming that as long as the ESN number stays the same the Phone will just work and Hopefully Fix my Data Issues..

Does anyone think this would also fix the GSM Lock Issue ?..

Any Comments would be welcomed..

Thanks

El..

Thing is, unless the phone was made for Verizon or Sprint specifically those carriers will not allow each other's or other CDMA carriers on their network because the ESN won't be white-listed and they wont do it, unlike in other countries, you will have to buy a new phone.

Also LTE bands are incompatible and Verizon has wireless charging which Sprint version does not, even if you did manage to flash, there is a chance you may soft/hard brick, espescially if you take an OTA from the carrier. So since your Phone is Sprint variant, that is what you are stuck with, granted the ESN is still valid.
Last edited by abhinav.tella; 12th April 2014 at 04:59 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sprint G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank