Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 51,925 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't unlock.

Tip us?

Frazzy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Can't unlock.

Hi guys,

Who here had the problem with the tablet not being able to unlock? I get the vague message about my internet connection but that is not the problem. This tablet has had a board-swap so that could be the problem?

I tried to use the device-tracker and that wouldn't work either.
I've contacted asus a month ago and every now or than I get a email that it should work but obviously it doesn't

Can people who had the same problem share their solution? Or is there another way to unlock the tablet yet?

Thanks.
Daily's:
HTC One (M7ul): CM11
Asus TF701: CM11

Old devices:
HTC Sensation: CM10.2
HTC Touch HD2: Changing a lot

YayYouFixedIt
Old
Thanks Meter 54
I had this message. I kept trying till it worked. Also make sure you dont have 2 step verification enabled.

Frazzy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
What do you mean with 2 step verification? I've been trying daily for the past two weeks but no luck...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
Daily's:

Old devices:

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 836
He means the Google 2 step verification.
But your problem is the board swap. Now the Mac address or serial number does not match what they have in their database. You have to persistent. Take a Screenshot of your About Tablet page and attach it to each email you send them. Do not mention that you want to unlock. Say device tracker doesn't work.
Send them an email every day for a week. Send them two mails every day the following week....All it takes is for someone to bother contacting HQ in Taiwan and change the entry for your tablet in their database.
And keep trying the Unlock Tool. Sometimes HQ doesn't even report back to customer service it seems... Big corporation - bad communication ....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Frazzy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
He means the Google 2 step verification.
But your problem is the board swap. Now the Mac address or serial number does not match what they have in their database. You have to persistent. Take a Screenshot of your About Tablet page and attach it to each email you send them. Do not mention that you want to unlock. Say device tracker doesn't work.
Send them an email every day for a week. Send them two mails every day the following week....All it takes is for someone to bother contacting HQ in Taiwan and change the entry for your tablet in their database.
And keep trying the Unlock Tool. Sometimes HQ doesn't even report back to customer service it seems... Big corporation - bad communication ....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
Thanks for your helpful post. I told them that the device tracker isn't working and the unlocktool isn't also. I gave them the info about the mac and device id and they made the correct database change now. So now it works.

I have one question left. What do they need my google account for?

Thanks
Daily's:

Old devices:

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzy View Post
Thanks for your helpful post. I told them that the device tracker isn't working and the unlocktool isn't also. I gave them the info about the mac and device id and they made the correct database change now. So now it works.

I have one question left. What do they need my google account for?

Thanks
Wow! That was painless! It took weeks and months for others to get that adjusted!
No idea about the Google account - it's probably just a way to verify who it is who's unlocking the tablet. Once you enter your Google password it would be hard to argue that your 5-year old accidentally unlocked the tablet and you want it reversed

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Tags
asus, tf701, unlock, unlock tool