Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't unlock.

OP Frazzy

9th April 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riethoven
Thanks Meter: 10

117 posts
More
Hi guys,

Who here had the problem with the tablet not being able to unlock? I get the vague message about my internet connection but that is not the problem. This tablet has had a board-swap so that could be the problem?

I tried to use the device-tracker and that wouldn't work either.
I've contacted asus a month ago and every now or than I get a email that it should work but obviously it doesn't

Can people who had the same problem share their solution? Or is there another way to unlock the tablet yet?

Thanks.
9th April 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

507 posts
I had this message. I kept trying till it worked. Also make sure you dont have 2 step verification enabled.
10th April 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riethoven

117 posts
More
What do you mean with 2 step verification? I've been trying daily for the past two weeks but no luck...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
10th April 2014, 08:56 AM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,049

3,167 posts
More
He means the Google 2 step verification.
But your problem is the board swap. Now the Mac address or serial number does not match what they have in their database. You have to persistent. Take a Screenshot of your About Tablet page and attach it to each email you send them. Do not mention that you want to unlock. Say device tracker doesn't work.
Send them an email every day for a week. Send them two mails every day the following week....All it takes is for someone to bother contacting HQ in Taiwan and change the entry for your tablet in their database.
And keep trying the Unlock Tool. Sometimes HQ doesn't even report back to customer service it seems... Big corporation - bad communication ....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riethoven

117 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

He means the Google 2 step verification.
But your problem is the board swap. Now the Mac address or serial number does not match what they have in their database. You have to persistent. Take a Screenshot of your About Tablet page and attach it to each email you send them. Do not mention that you want to unlock. Say device tracker doesn't work.
Send them an email every day for a week. Send them two mails every day the following week....All it takes is for someone to bother contacting HQ in Taiwan and change the entry for your tablet in their database.
And keep trying the Unlock Tool. Sometimes HQ doesn't even report back to customer service it seems... Big corporation - bad communication ....

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Thanks for your helpful post. I told them that the device tracker isn't working and the unlocktool isn't also. I gave them the info about the mac and device id and they made the correct database change now. So now it works.

I have one question left. What do they need my google account for?

Thanks
12th April 2014, 06:54 AM   |  #6  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,049

3,167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazzy

Thanks for your helpful post. I told them that the device tracker isn't working and the unlocktool isn't also. I gave them the info about the mac and device id and they made the correct database change now. So now it works.

I have one question left. What do they need my google account for?

Thanks

Wow! That was painless! It took weeks and months for others to get that adjusted!
No idea about the Google account - it's probably just a way to verify who it is who's unlocking the tablet. Once you enter your Google password it would be hard to argue that your 5-year old accidentally unlocked the tablet and you want it reversed

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus, tf701, unlock, unlock tool
Previous Thread Next Thread