pageplus aosp roms

OP griz.droidx

12th April 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Big Rock,
Thanks Meter: 118

456 posts
More
Greetings everyone, I've really enjoyed the discussion here, I spend more time reading than posting. Mainly because I have this tendency to ramble on. So, on to the rest of the story so to speak.

I've been reading a lot lately about using the d2vzw on prepaid plans. Mainly straight talk and now pageplus.. I understand it is possible to use either and keep 3g. But according to the tutorial videos on pageplus, you don't need the donor verizon phones or the donor straight talk cheapies.

In something I read in another carriers forum I think but still the sgs3, they were recommending stuff like carbon and liquid and maybe another but those were the two that stood out. I'm currrently on either nameless or slimrom. I remember slimrom adding something to do with straight talk but forgot what it was. I know with the vzw model is kind of finicky.

If I spend the thirty bucks on a tw rom to program the phone remotely or , If I try it myself with the cdma tool which I have no idea how much it is. I'm under the impression that I can get 3g data, and at the moment I'm not around 4g or lte regularly. But being unemployed still, (prospects now thought, YAY), I need to reduce and cut where I can. And 150-160 a month for two phones without unlimited data is horse****.

I'm wanting to try the pageplus because it seems more straightforward, and is cheaper if I get the 500Mb plan. I don't use a lot of data anyway. I could save a fortune.

Anyway, and suggestions, advice, or answers as to whether or not I can be a flashaholic after the switch, again, I'm usually on either nameless or slim, or testing a new TW rom.

in the past, when my dx screwed up, I was taught by a guy, how to program it myself without having to call verzion everytime I screwed something up with activation accidentally. But, I simply installed a stock based rom for the programmable dial pad, activated, then flashed my aosp variant of my choosing.

I'm thinking this could work similar especially if I save most all the settings. for the network just in case, something goes wrong.

Again any info at all will be appreciated. If you know a better way, let me know. I know I could use gsm with straight talk and use att towers, but I prefer cdma coverage in my area since it's got way more coverage across more states.

Many thanks again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread