Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

SR Tool flashing system.img hangs for hours on end - any solution?

OP 34158245

10th April 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Bricked KFHD 8.9in

Can get device into fastboot if I type "fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product" but only if I enter the command immediately when connecting the device.

I tried doing the process manually by getting it into fastboot and then immediately entering "fastboot flash recovery /Users/USER/Downloads/KFHD_SRT_v2.1/images/system2.img" but it says <waiting for device> as if it weren't connected.


Any ideas?
Last edited by 34158245; 10th April 2014 at 07:00 AM.
10th April 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Well that is the wrong command... In that command you tried to flash the system image to the recovery partition... Replace "recovery" with "system". Also every command has to have the -i 0x1949 or it won't work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Well that is the wrong command... In that command you tried to flash the system image to the recovery partition... Replace "recovery" with "system". Also every command has to have the -i 0x1949 or it won't work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

So I tried it using the correct syntax and the device went into fast boot mode, and it indicated that the file was being transferred and written successfully. However, when it rebooted, a red screen appeared and went away and the fast boot mode screen appeared... now what?
12th April 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34158245

So I tried it using the correct syntax and the device went into fast boot mode, and it indicated that the file was being transferred and written successfully. However, when it rebooted, a red screen appeared and went away and the fast boot mode screen appeared... now what?

I was able to flash stock system via SRT, and stock boot and stock recovery, and erased user data and cache, but my kindle fire hd89 still will not boot properly.

Error message: Your kindle doesn't seem to be able to boot

Option to factory default or reboot, have tried both options, but neither resolve issue.

Any ideas?
12th April 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #5  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 610
 
2,230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34158245

I was able to flash stock system via SRT, and stock boot and stock recovery, and erased user data and cache, but my kindle fire hd89 still will not boot properly.

Error message: Your kindle doesn't seem to be able to boot

Option to factory default or reboot, have tried both options, but neither resolve issue.

Any ideas?

try reflashing it one more time, this is weird, try using kffa and see if you get any better results if the next attempt fails.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes