Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,025 Members 52,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

T-Mobile LG Optimus G Pro Owners Reception Q

Tip us?

aaivazi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default T-Mobile LG Optimus G Pro Owners Reception Q

I was hoping to ask the community if any combination of rom, baseband, modem, kernel etc could somehow improve the inconsistent/weak call quality and reception issues that carrier unlocked owners of the G Pro may be experiencing.
On T-mobile, I realize that i'm mostly on refarmed LTE frequencies, but for the most part the phone just drops reception on/off on a regular basis. Signal strength is consistently over -107dbm. No option to manually choose 2g, 3g vs 4g networks.

Any help and insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Mervingio
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaivazi View Post
I was hoping to ask the community if any combination of rom, baseband, modem, kernel etc could somehow improve the inconsistent/weak call quality and reception issues that carrier unlocked owners of the G Pro may be experiencing.
On T-mobile, I realize that i'm mostly on refarmed LTE frequencies, but for the most part the phone just drops reception on/off on a regular basis. Signal strength is consistently over -107dbm. No option to manually choose 2g, 3g vs 4g networks.

You on stock ROM?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

aaivazi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervingio View Post
You on stock ROM?

yup, completely stock 4.1 JB

Mervingio
Old
Thanks Meter 400
T-Mobile have weak signal on LTE.

Maybe is time to try another's ROM?

aaivazi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mervingio View Post
T-Mobile have weak signal on LTE.

Maybe is time to try another's ROM?

would just switching to a different rom without flashing baseband or modem, etc do the trick? I was hoping to not try the shotgun approach of a hundred different attempts to see what would be the best fit. There's currently not much on the forums right now to say which/if anything at all would work best for non att users.

vivebatu
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaivazi View Post

If you are rooted, you can enable network mode in the build.prop and manually choose between 2/3/4g networks