5,598,779 Members 35,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery][Mod][AOSP/SENSE]MultiROM V22 for Droid DNA(Unofficial Port)(Mar 16)

Tip us?

24ky
Old
Thanks Meter 1166

DONATE TO ME
So with the latest update we can boot 2 sense roms?

[CENTER]Want to help? Want to keep Kickdroid going? Buy me a beer, help a thirsty fella while he works for you

jamiethemorris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakumatsu View Post
By the way. You need at least a few GB of free space to install CM+Sense(from backup).
First time i got "not enough space" message, after trying to swap ROMs.
Yeah, clearing dalvik and cache helps a lot with this... I definitely had to delete some stuff though. I have a lot of apps.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

jamiethemorris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ky View Post
So with the latest update we can boot 2 sense roms?
You can if you follow the process in the op and use them as secondary ROMs. You would just have to use an aosp ROM as primary which should only take up a few hundred mb without gapps. I'm working on getting sense ROMs working as primary, the problem is that the multirom boot many doesn't show up.

If you feel that I have been helpful to you, instead of clicking my "thanks" button, check out my music:
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

24ky
Old
Thanks Meter 1166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris View Post
You can if you follow the process in the op and use them as secondary ROMs. You would just have to use an aosp ROM as primary which should only take up a few hundred mb without gapps. I'm working on getting sense ROMs working as primary, the problem is that the multirom boot many doesn't show up.

Thanks for all the work, have Dual boot now. cant wait for primary sense

[CENTER]Want to help? Want to keep Kickdroid going? Buy me a beer, help a thirsty fella while he works for you

jamiethemorris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Just found an awesome easter egg... If you tap the multirom logo in the boot menu, you can play pong.
Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

vroad
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:

On Sense-based primary ROMs, MultiROM menu showed up when I put mrom.fstab in ramdisk, but didn't boot as primary because of kernel panic.
I believe this commit solve boot failure issue.

Allow booting primary ROM via kexec
https://github.com/f69m/multirom/com...40ab84d4a61f19
The Following User Says Thank You to vroad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jamiethemorris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroad View Post
On Sense-based primary ROMs, MultiROM menu showed up when I put mrom.fstab in ramdisk, but didn't boot as primary because of kernel panic.
I believe this commit solve boot failure issue.

Allow booting primary ROM via kexec
https://github.com/f69m/multirom/com...40ab84d4a61f19
What did you have to do to get mrom.fstab in the ramdisk?

Manic Harmonic
Fan Page

vroad
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default You can install mrom.fstab using multirom installer zip

Quote:
What did you have to do to get mrom.fstab in the ramdisk?

There is a configuration file named "use_mrom_fstab" in multirom zip. If use_mrom_fstab is set to true, multirom installer will install mrom.fstab to the ramdisk.
If mrom.fstab is present in the ramdisk, multirom trampoline load partition information from that file instead of fstab.dlx.

jamiethemorris
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 628

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroad View Post
There is a configuration file named "use_mrom_fstab" in multirom zip. If use_mrom_fstab is set to true, multirom installer will install mrom.fstab to the ramdisk.
If mrom.fstab is present in the ramdisk, multirom trampoline load partition information from that file instead of fstab.dlx.
Hmmm... Yeah I have that set to true in the multirom zip. Boot menu still doesn't show up though.

Manic Harmonic
Fan Page