[ROM][UnORom][3.4Kernel]SlimKat 4.4.2[31 Jan][Nightlies]

Tip us?

jorra
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by K3nshiro View Post
What's up UnORom Junkies
Unfortunately I have to mention a couple of "issues" I have found.

- Wifi : for some reason when entering an area with new wifi networks (at work e.g.) it doesn't detect them. Only after I do a re-boot, the wifi network I try to connect appears, but the scan function does not work. Even happened at home, had to re-boot or re-start router.

- Battery use : Alarming, it literally drinks up the battery. I had it fully charged yesterday at midnight. This morning at 7AM it was already down at 82%, the phone was simply lying on the desk, no use, no wifi, nothing on. Still, it had consumed 18%. Now, at 11:31 it's down at 60%, don't get it...is there a hidden process somewhere that uses up that much battery ? I hope it's not the Minimalistic Text widgets that I'm adding to the homescreen...that shouldn't consume that much. 10 minutes have passed and it's now at 58%...seems like 1% each 5 minutes ?

- Location : Rather than an issue, this is a question. I assume that this is the GPS, correct ? it's just a bit confusing, as Google always ask sabout "sharing location" and other stuff...

Btw, the textdroider dpi app works really fine to get the dpi back to 240.

Kind regards,
Ken
Use a wakelock detector to find out what's eating your battery. Its not a ROM issue.

Sent from my HTC Sensation with Tapatalk 2
Device: HTC Sensation XE (MSM8660)
ROM: Depends which day it is...
FW: 3.33
The Following User Says Thank You to jorra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

K3nshiro
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorra View Post
Use a wakelock detector to find out what's eating your battery. Its not a ROM issue.

Sent from my HTC Sensation with Tapatalk 2
Hey jorra,
I installed wakelock detector and at first glance I saw some troublesome things :
1. The Dashclock widget tried to connect, only opened it once, but app crashed inmediately. I've added it to RomCleaner list.
2. Apparently CalendarProvider.apk also wants to party. Don't even need it, since I only use google for Contacts. Also added to RomCleaner list.
3. I have deleted all Widgets created with Minimalistic Text to see if this has any sort of impact as well.

I tried to make some screenshots with the phone, but the Power button + Home button doesn't work on this Rom maybe ? No clue how to make screenshots on UnORom.

The Wifi issue is also annoying a little bit, seems like I'll have to reflash everything again, I'll maybe give it a try as well on the other UnORoms (Carbon and Omni) to see if they have the same "illness". It's strange, I never had these issues before (Wifi connection and Battery Drain).

If I find out how to make a screenie, I'll post some later on.

Cheers,
Ken
Phone: HTC Sensation Z710e , Android Version: 4.4.2, Kernel version: 3.4, Current ROM: UnORom - CarbonRom, HBOOT: 1.27.0000 Recovery: 4EXT

Hboot Status: Unlocked, ROOT: Yes, S-OFF !

GALLA_4
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Anymore nightlies gonna happen or 16th March the final RC

Sent from my mobile GSM cellular transmitting receiving device.

dasfreak
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GALLA_4 View Post
Anymore nightlies gonna happen or 16th March the final RC

Sent from my mobile GSM cellular transmitting receiving device.
shantur posted this:

Quote:
Hi guys,

I was just informed that we wont be able to use the build server from friday.
That means No more nightlies for any roms

I will try to release roms after some intervals but cannot do nightlies unless I get a server.

Many thanks to @CoreWolf for being the only supporter of the project.
Device: HTC Sensation
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 | Kernel 3.4 | Full ION
Firmware: 3.33 Universal
HBOOT: 1.27
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.6 RC1
Battery: Anker 1900mAH
Rooted and S-OFF