Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Partitioning SDCard for Link2SD on KitKat

Tip us?

MrLascivious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Partitioning SDCard for Link2SD on KitKat

Hi

I am on Xperia Z1, rooted, locked bootloader, .757, SDFix access fix, with dual recovery. I have an app call Link2SD and it requires to have a second partition on my sd card. They said to use a software called MiniTool... My question is, how do I proceed to partition my SD card without breaking anything like the installed Dual Recovery?

gregbradley
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3685

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLascivious View Post
Hi

I am on Xperia Z1, rooted, locked bootloader, .757, SDFix access fix, with dual recovery. I have an app call Link2SD and it requires to have a second partition on my sd card. They said to use a software called MiniTool... My question is, how do I proceed to partition my SD card without breaking anything like the installed Dual Recovery?
partitioning your SD card will not break dual recovery

However, I think you may find link2sd wont work on Z1
I never managed to get it to work on any FW with my Z1

and TBH, I don't really find the need for it anymore. I used it on my x10 and Xperia T but I have never run out of space yet on my z1

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.
<<DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES>>

Follow me on twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrLascivious
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default --

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
partitioning your SD card will not break dual recovery

However, I think you may find link2sd wont work on Z1
I never managed to get it to work on any FW with my Z1

and TBH, I don't really find the need for it anymore. I used it on my x10 and Xperia T but I have never run out of space yet on my z1
I've successfully partitioned my SD Card with secondary primary parition set to ext2. Link2SD (linking) works except it doesn't link Android/data/ and Android/obb/ I 've contacted the developer to ask about it.