Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Maps can't find location since upgrade to latest Google Play Services (v 4.3)

Tip us?

Surfinette
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Default [HELP] Maps can't find location since upgrade to latest Google Play Services (v 4.3)

Hi,

I need some help here.

After the update to Google Play Services v4.3 (latest version to date), Maps can't find location anymore without GPS, it remains stuck on "Waiting for location" despite having wifi or data on.
When I revert back to Google Play Services v4.2, the issue disappears and Maps behaves again normally.

The problem is that I need the latest version of Google Play Services for streaming videos with my phone to Chromecast (and in any case, Google Play Services will auto update to the latest version).

Anyone having the same issue with Google Play Services v4.3 ?

Any idea how to fix this ?

Many thanks in advance

(I'm running with a SGS3 with miui rom based on stock 4.1.1)
Android and Miui fan!
Nexus 5 (rooted with Miui Rom)
Nexus 7 (2013) (my 11-y-old daughter)
Old phones: HTC Hero (CM) > HTC Desire (Miui) > HTC Sensation (Miui) > SGS, SGS3 (Miui), GN2

AndroidsX
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Try to Clear App data.... Ad Turn on the GPS

================================================== ==========================================
Press Thanks Button if I Helped You
NO MORE HAVEN'T TO BE A MASTER

/// FOLLOW ME ON \\\

Surfinette
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidsX View Post
Try to Clear App data.... Ad Turn on the GPS

================================================== ==========================================
Press Thanks Button if I Helped You
NO MORE HAVEN'T TO BE A MASTER

/// FOLLOW ME ON \\\

Thanks, but I had done this already.
And turning GPS on is not my purpose... I want location based on Wi-Fi, or data.

The issue when using Google play service v 4.3 is that when I switch ON the location button via network, I don't have the black popup asking me to confirm (a popup that would always be there when using previous versions of google play service)

I've been trying to solve this for days... I'm a bit desperate

Sent from my SGS3 with Tapatalk
Android and Miui fan!
Old phones: HTC Hero (CM) > HTC Desire (Miui) > HTC Sensation (Miui) > SGS, SGS3 (Miui), GN2

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 515

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinette View Post
Thanks, but I had done this already.
And turning GPS on is not my purpose... I want location based on Wi-Fi, or data.

The issue when using Google play service v 4.3 is that when I switch ON the location button via network, I don't have the black popup asking me to confirm (a popup that would always be there when using previous versions of google play service)

I've been trying to solve this for days... I'm a bit desperate

Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Services > Uninstall Updates > Reboot

If problem persists, make sure to change Play Store settings to never update automatically.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

Surfinette
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Services > Uninstall Updates > Reboot

If problem persists, make sure to change Play Store settings to never update automatically.
Yes!
That's what I do already.
But that's my point.
When I come back to Google play services v4.2, then I can't use a number of new apps designed for Chromecast...
So :
- I want to be able to use Google play services v4.3 without losing the ability to find my location in Maps
- I wonder whether I'm the only one facing this bug, or if it is specific to my device/rom

Android and Miui fan!

Surfinette
Old
(Last edited by Surfinette; 12th April 2014 at 10:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 143
Sorry, double posting !

Android and Miui fan!