Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,168 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 Stock de-bloating list

Tip us?

Incep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Default 4.4.2 Stock de-bloating list

So I've always tried to keep my roms as light as possible, as I don't use many LG functions. Thought I'd share my list!
All the applications listed are frozen with Titanium Backup. Hope someone else will have use for this

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397200832930.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	2679720   Click image for larger version

Name:	1397200846919.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	2679721   Click image for larger version

Name:	1397200858290.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2679722  
The Following User Says Thank You to Incep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antinorm
Old
Thanks Meter 23
A lot of the bloatware can actually be uninstalled. Just be sure to have a Nandroid backup ready (don't do this if you don't have a custom recovery and a backup), because uninstalling some things can cause a Security Error when you try to boot. I found out the hard way yesterday that uninstalling LGSmartcardService will cause that error, but I was able to remove a lot of other things.

Vitalstatistix
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinorm View Post
A lot of the bloatware can actually be uninstalled. Just be sure to have a Nandroid backup ready (don't do this if you don't have a custom recovery and a backup), because uninstalling some things can cause a Security Error when you try to boot. I found out the hard way yesterday that uninstalling LGSmartcardService will cause that error, but I was able to remove a lot of other things.
It would be helpful if you can list out the 'Safe to Remove' bloatware if possible,

Incep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Right. But the /system partition isn't really readily available for anything useful, so I settled with freezing it at the moment. I've heard of people running into trouble when actually removing the apps before as well, beware!

joeynox
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incep View Post
So I've always tried to keep my roms as light as possible, as I don't use many LG functions. Thought I'd share my list!
All the applications listed are frozen with Titanium Backup. Hope someone else will have use for this

how come everyone freezes music and videos. what do you use for music that is better than whats built in?

with these apps frozen do you have alternates you use that are less intrusive and memory hogs

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
It would be helpful if you can list out the 'Safe to Remove' bloatware if possible,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697691
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p.valenta
Old
Thanks Meter 690

DONATE TO ME
If you freeze LGSetupWizard you could get FC when plug-in headphones.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Current Device: LG G2 (Hong Kong D802 model) rooted, xposed
Current ROM: LG KitKat 4.4.2 D80220c-HKG-XX
Current Kernel: Cloudyfa's LG 3.4.0 custom KK kernel with JB bootloader and Knock Code support
Current Recovery: JRJ442's TWRP 2.8.0.1

Author of: [XPOSED] Complete Action Plus Mod, [XPOSED][KK] LG Pie Support, [XPOSED] LG G2 Fix Plug & Pop FC Mod

Past Device: LG Optimus 2X

Incep
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
how come everyone freezes music and videos. what do you use for music that is better than whats built in?

with these apps frozen do you have alternates you use that are less intrusive and memory hogs
I use Spotify, Google Music for local content! I don't watch other videos than those in my gallery, for which I use the Photos app that comes with Google Plus.