Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

4.4.2 Stock de-bloating list

OP Incep

11th April 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 52
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
So I've always tried to keep my roms as light as possible, as I don't use many LG functions. Thought I'd share my list!
All the applications listed are frozen with Titanium Backup. Hope someone else will have use for this

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397200832930.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	2679720   Click image for larger version

Name:	1397200846919.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	2679721   Click image for larger version

Name:	1397200858290.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	2679722  
The Following User Says Thank You to Incep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
84 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
A lot of the bloatware can actually be uninstalled. Just be sure to have a Nandroid backup ready (don't do this if you don't have a custom recovery and a backup), because uninstalling some things can cause a Security Error when you try to boot. I found out the hard way yesterday that uninstalling LGSmartcardService will cause that error, but I was able to remove a lot of other things.
11th April 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Middle Of Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinorm

A lot of the bloatware can actually be uninstalled. Just be sure to have a Nandroid backup ready (don't do this if you don't have a custom recovery and a backup), because uninstalling some things can cause a Security Error when you try to boot. I found out the hard way yesterday that uninstalling LGSmartcardService will cause that error, but I was able to remove a lot of other things.

It would be helpful if you can list out the 'Safe to Remove' bloatware if possible,
11th April 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 52
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Right. But the /system partition isn't really readily available for anything useful, so I settled with freezing it at the moment. I've heard of people running into trouble when actually removing the apps before as well, beware!

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th April 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incep

So I've always tried to keep my roms as light as possible, as I don't use many LG functions. Thought I'd share my list!
All the applications listed are frozen with Titanium Backup. Hope someone else will have use for this

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

how come everyone freezes music and videos. what do you use for music that is better than whats built in?

with these apps frozen do you have alternates you use that are less intrusive and memory hogs
12th April 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #6  
Art Vanderlay's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 257
 
555 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix

It would be helpful if you can list out the 'Safe to Remove' bloatware if possible,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2697691
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #7  
p.valenta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 710
 
602 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
Donate to Me
More
If you freeze LGSetupWizard you could get FC when plug-in headphones.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 52
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynox

how come everyone freezes music and videos. what do you use for music that is better than whats built in?

with these apps frozen do you have alternates you use that are less intrusive and memory hogs

I use Spotify, Google Music for local content! I don't watch other videos than those in my gallery, for which I use the Photos app that comes with Google Plus.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes