Adding Image and drawable resources into your Xperia theme.
PART TWO : ADDING DRAWABLE PNGS AND JPEGS TO YOUR XPERIA THEME.
THIS PART OF MY GUIDE WILL HELP YOU IN ADDING IMAGES TO YOUR THEME TO CHANGE THE LOOK TO THE GREATEST POSSIBLE WAY.
BEFORE I START, I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW ONE SIMPLE THING. IN THIS GUIDE HERE I WILL BE SHOWING YOU HOW TO ADD THEMED IMAGES IN FRAMEWORK APK. THE SAME PROCEDURE WORKS FOR XPERIA HOME AND SYSTEM-UI APK. SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK SILLY QUESTIONS AS HOW TO THEME STATUS-BAR ICONS AND ETC. , ETC.
FOLLOW UP FROM HERE AND SOON YOU WILL BE MAKING PROFESSIONAL THEMES ON YOUR OWN.
- De-compile "framework-res.apk"
- Open up framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi/ [Or whatever dpi your device supports]
You can replace any drawable present in this folder. But we are going to change the background images only for this time.
- NOTE : HERE I WILL SHOW YOU HOW TO CHANGE :
- APPS BACKGROUND
- VOLUME BAR SCRUBBER
If you go down you will find two pngs named : "semc_bg" & "semc_bg_light". These are the Pngs that we need to replace to replace the App's background.
- Now download/create/paint or do whatever you want and get hands on two different pngs, one for Dark Theme [ Like Settings in Android 4.1.x/4.2.x in Sony ] and another for Light Theme [ Like Settings in Android 4.3 in Sony ] and rename them to "semc_bg" & "semc_bg_light" respectively.
- Move the two newly renamed pngs to the respective drawable-xxdpi folder of the android folder that you had previously downloaded from the above post : apktool/android/drawable-hdpi/here
- NOTE : YOU NEED TO PLACE ALL YOUR DESIRED IMAGES INTO RESPECTIVE DRAWABLE-FOLDERS.
- Now you need to do the same thing to theme Scrubbers.
- Once you are ready with all the pngs continue with rest of the guide in post #1.