Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 48,940 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does the camera blur moving shots indoors?

Tip us?

skibadee
Old
(Last edited by skibadee; 12th April 2014 at 07:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default Does the camera blur moving shots indoors?

The note 3 and s4 blur shots if your subject moves in low light conditions. Have they actually fixed this in the s5 or is it just the same.

Right now my note 3 bugs me as any pictures I take of my son indoors blur, if he moves in the slightest.

I've had 2 note 3s and an s4 they all had this issue.

It's weird how all the camera reviews never cover this.

Any info would be much appreciated

Pagnell
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Having received my S5, I can say the differences between the S4 and S5 camera aren't as pronounced as I would have hoped. There is a difference in the quality of the final shot in favour of the S5, but the process of taking the photos, in terms of shot speed and auto focus speed, isn't that different, especially in low light conditions. Actually, with the new low light 'hold still' shot mode of the S5, it's slower, although the final result is much better.

I'm actually debating returning my S5 and returning to my old S4 contract which only had 12 months to run.
Galaxy S4

Previous phones - Philips Diga, Nokia 6110, Nokia 3210, Nokia 7110, Nokia 8890, Nokia 9110i, Nokia 8310, Ericsson T28i, Nokia 6310, SE T68i, SE T610, Motorola V600, Nokia 6230, Samsung D500, SE K750, Motorola V3, Samsung D600, Nokia N73, HTC Artemis, LG KU990, Nokia N95 8gb, HTC Leo, Samsung Galaxy SII.

jntdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 110
So far my M8 wipes the floor with my S5 on those shots - indoor, medium light. It still blurs, in other words. Tomorrow I'll be able to test more. I've enabled face detection, maybe that'll help. I shouldn't have to hold the camera still for 4 seconds every time it has to get a decent shot in medium light...

I really really wanted to love the S5, but so far the only improvement in the camera over the S4 is the speed. And honestly, I'd argue the quality might be worse in some scenarios b/c of this new isocell technology.
"...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

dexterxda
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Disappointed by low light performances. My Z1 is way better. Pictures taken in broad day light are excellent though.