Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 performance & battery

Tip us?

moha_moha20106
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Default M8 performance & battery

Hi all,

i'm going to buy HTC ONE M8 today, but i'm still need more info. about the performance and battery

many M8 users told me : the battery drain faster and you always need to save power for keeb battery live

now , i need to choose between 2 new phones with the same price in my country

HTC ONE M8 OR Samsung S5

please help me before buy

Note : i was sold my M7 today to buy one of those phones

thank you very much
Hit Thanks if i helped you

My page : Service Manuals

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1,407

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moha_moha20106 View Post
Hi all,

i'm going to buy HTC ONE M8 today, but i'm still need more info. about the performance and battery

many M8 users told me : the battery drain faster and you always need to save power for keeb battery live

now , i need to choose between 2 new phones with the same price in my country

HTC ONE M8 OR Samsung S5

please help me before buy

Note : i was sold my M7 today to buy one of those phones

thank you very much
Both phones have different features, and are great phones in their own right. I personally buy HTC for build quality, sound quality and camera features, as there are obviously a few phones with similar specs out right now. Pic the one that suits your needs. Every phone has strengths and weaknesses.

Think about your #1 priority in a phone and google the phones that are top ranked within that top priority, then research those phones and pick the one that has the most regarding what you want in a phone. That's the best way to pick a phone. No one can tell you what the best phone for your needs is, but you.

Besides, you're asking this in the M8 forum which is filled with people who want/own the M8 over the S5 so really you're either flame baiting or picked the M8 already and just want reassurance.
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

The Following User Says Thank You to exad For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AMoosa
Old
Thanks Meter 189
I have both. For now. The M8 is an amazing phone. But it's the one I'm selling. I'll really miss the speakers, camera and amazing battery life - still never managed to kill the battery in a day, with heavy use. Things I won't miss - on screen buttons, height of the device.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 8.0
United Kingdom
Three UK

Previously owned - HTC One M8, Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue and White, Asus Transformer Prime, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, HTC Desire S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S, Motorola XPRT, Motorola Xoom, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire, Motorola Milestone, Nexus One, HTC Hero, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Athena, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal (that's all I can think of for now...)
The Following User Says Thank You to AMoosa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

moha_moha20106
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
Both phones have different features, and are great phones in their own right. I personally buy HTC for build quality, sound quality and camera features, as there are obviously a few phones with similar specs out right now. Pic the one that suits your needs. Every phone has strengths and weaknesses.

Think about your #1 priority in a phone and google the phones that are top ranked within that top priority, then research those phones and pick the one that has the most regarding what you want in a phone. That's the best way to pick a phone. No one can tell you what the best phone for your needs is, but you.

Besides, you're asking this in the M8 forum which is filled with people who want/own the M8 over the S5 so really you're either flame baiting or picked the M8 already and just want reassurance.
i didn't bought Samsung phones ever, but i have more info about S5 like :

it can be maintain - but M8 can not because it's non-removable battery (M7 too)

you can found the spare parts easy - but M8 you can't

you can change the battery if damaged or lose it's mAh - M8 no
Hit Thanks if i helped you

My page : Service Manuals
The Following User Says Thank You to moha_moha20106 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]