Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Do the PRO series tablets perform better than the N10.1 2014?

Tip us?

kingofthebraves
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Do the PRO series tablets perform better than the N10.1 2014?

I understand they're running the same hardware but with kitkat, I am generally unsatisfied with the note 10.1 even after running clean rom and nova launcher. I'm using a note 3 and it is insanely fast, I really don't understand why the 10.1 cannot run at the same pace.
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

Medy89
Old
(Last edited by Medy89; 12th April 2014 at 07:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthebraves View Post
I understand they're running the same hardware but with kitkat, I am generally unsatisfied with the note 10.1 even after running clean rom and nova launcher. I'm using a note 3 and it is insanely fast, I really don't understand why the 10.1 cannot run at the same pace.
I tested both devices.... and both are running really smooth..... I stayed with the note 10.1 .. and its awesome.... I debloated the stock rom... running energy saving mode all the time and have no lags delay whats so ever.....
The new note has abit less battery life than the old one... and the note 12.2 Has about the same as the old note...
Just to be clear youre talking about the note 2014? Since i can confirm that it really runs as fast as the note 12.2.....
Maybe you should revert back to stock rom..... customs roms are not always the way to go..... in my oppinion they are pretty useless if you have a device that has the latest firmware and stuff.... maybe take a look at what task are running at the background ... and disable any unneccary stuff with titanium.... it feels to me youre talking about the old note 10.1 2012..... or maybe you are just running a bad browser app or smth and wonder why your device is slow ... shoutout to firefox app .... maybe u can give more details about whats up
Greetings

Yes note 3 is fast ... note 10.1 Has less specs,.. but you dont really notice much difference in terms of speed... for normal usage.... dont know if youre running some kind of graphical things...

kingofthebraves
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Chrome is a pain in the ass for the note 2014
Hero / Nexus One/ Desire / Galaxy S / Desire Z / Nexus S / Galaxy S2 / Galaxy Nexus / Galaxy Note / One X / Galaxy Note2 / BB Z10 / Galaxy s4

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4118
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthebraves View Post
Chrome is a pain in the ass for the note 2014
From a N12 owner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirmeier View Post
Well I picked up a Note 12.2 (black/32GB) Friday and well have some mixed feelings considering the cost.

1. Need to root for more multiwindow apps
2. Chrome performance is still lacking
- Googles fault, not Samsung's but figured raw performance would address it.
3. Really hate the physical home button and cap buttons more then I even thought I would. Why Samsung thinks this is a good idea beats me!
4. Really don't like that everything is scaled up in size for the larger screen. I realize it's the same resolution as my Nexus 10 but a DPI setting would have addressed this. Just makes it feel cheap and like it's for old people or kids. Need to root to change DPI...
5. Seems Samsung took big step backwards on some S Pen apps. The demos I watch for the previous Note devices work much better and more streamlined then on the Note 12.2. Really not sold on the S Pen and think mine is going back for a Tab Pro 12.2 if it's released soon otherwise maybe just a outright return.
6. Seems really stupid they hide the menu button under the multitask button (long press). I know many apps have a menu button but for those that do not this could really throw off a person who is not resourceful. This is the kind of crap that backs up the idea that an iPad is easier to use.
7. Definitely some random lag. Why does Samsung need to over bloat everything. stock Android fits in like 300MB and TW Android is like 8GB!
8. Very limited development activity!

I probably have more to say just not coming to mind yet. If I keep it I simply have to root in order to address the DPI and multi-window apps. It's an expensive device to give up warranty on... Only on day 3, we'll see how the next few go...