Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,020 Members 54,550 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App or Widget to display phone battery level on gear?

Tip us?

lazer9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Question App or Widget to display phone battery level on gear?

Is there such a thing?
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][AUG 27][AROMA] Hyperdrive KK RLS18.1 `._ ║ Tweaks ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

Asus Transformer TF300T : ROM★★★TF300 KitKat 4.4.4-CROMBi-kk-RC3.1-Sep 7★★★

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Yes but most eat a lot of battery in the process of cycles checking and displaying the battery status, I use pie controls that can instantly display the battery status and time, when I pull up the menus from any screen im in.

lazer9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
Yes but most eat a lot of battery in the process of cycles checking and displaying the battery status, I use pie controls that can instantly display the battery status and time, when I pull up the menus from any screen im in.
Do you mean pie controls installed on the gear let you see the battery level on the phone?
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][AUG 27][AROMA] Hyperdrive KK RLS18.1 `._ ║ Tweaks ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

ronfurro
Old
(Last edited by ronfurro; 11th April 2014 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9 View Post
Do you mean pie controls installed on the gear let you see the battery level on the phone?
Sorry, No. Disregard, I read your question incorrectly, dont know of an app. that can do that, since my Gear always depletes it's battery before my phone, never looked.

lazer9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
I can appreciate the concern of battery consumption with such an app/widget but if it could be set to poll only when the gear screen is on OR better yet, when the button/widget was pressed, that would be ideal. Wish I was smart enough to make such a thing.

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

fOmey
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9 View Post
I can appreciate the concern of battery consumption with such an app/widget but if it could be set to poll only when the gear screen is on OR better yet, when the button/widget was pressed, that would be ideal. Wish I was smart enough to make such a thing.
If you are using a custom launcher there are quite a few, you can use UCCW, Zooper or you could also find a battery widget on the playstore.

Otherwise tap your screen twice with two fingers and it will display your battery percentage if enabled in gear manager.

HELPFUL POST? HIT THANKS !

OR BETTER YET

BUY ME A BEER OR TWO ?

GTA V FORUM :: MODS, GLITCHES & BOOSTING SERVICES

brandibran
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I just double tap the screen with two fingers to quickly check battery level.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Senior Lurker
The Following User Says Thank You to brandibran For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandibran View Post
I just double tap the screen with two fingers to quickly check battery level.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
nice, didn't know that lol, im on null v23 rom
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom

lazer9
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 419

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey View Post
If you are using a custom launcher there are quite a few, you can use UCCW, Zooper or you could also find a battery widget on the playstore.

Otherwise tap your screen twice with two fingers and it will display your battery percentage if enabled in gear manager.
Thanks for the reply but I think there is some confusion as to what I'm after. I have UR Battery on the gear which gives me a widget already to display and see the battery level remaining on the gear itself. What I am after is a way to simply look at the gear to get a battery level reading somehow of the PHONE itself, not the gear.

PS: If I tap the screen twice, my screen turns off. I have this set up in apex and using "Screen Off" app I believe it's called. I'm thinking again though that you are referencing showing the Gear's battery level this way and not the phone's?

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

animatechnica
Old
Thanks Meter 151
I use solo battery widget which displays a circular graphic with numerical % inside it. Works well

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk