LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

App or Widget to display phone battery level on gear?

OP lazer9

11th April 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #1  
lazer9's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 444
 
1,682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Is there such a thing?
11th April 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
ronfurro's Avatar
Senior Member
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 31
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Yes but most eat a lot of battery in the process of cycles checking and displaying the battery status, I use pie controls that can instantly display the battery status and time, when I pull up the menus from any screen im in.
11th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #3  
lazer9's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 444
 
1,682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro

Yes but most eat a lot of battery in the process of cycles checking and displaying the battery status, I use pie controls that can instantly display the battery status and time, when I pull up the menus from any screen im in.

Do you mean pie controls installed on the gear let you see the battery level on the phone?
11th April 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #4  
ronfurro's Avatar
Senior Member
O-Town
Thanks Meter: 31
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9

Do you mean pie controls installed on the gear let you see the battery level on the phone?

Sorry, No. Disregard, I read your question incorrectly, dont know of an app. that can do that, since my Gear always depletes it's battery before my phone, never looked.
Last edited by ronfurro; 11th April 2014 at 08:48 PM.
11th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #5  
lazer9's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 444
 
1,682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
I can appreciate the concern of battery consumption with such an app/widget but if it could be set to poll only when the gear screen is on OR better yet, when the button/widget was pressed, that would be ideal. Wish I was smart enough to make such a thing.
12th April 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #6  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,945
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9

I can appreciate the concern of battery consumption with such an app/widget but if it could be set to poll only when the gear screen is on OR better yet, when the button/widget was pressed, that would be ideal. Wish I was smart enough to make such a thing.

If you are using a custom launcher there are quite a few, you can use UCCW, Zooper or you could also find a battery widget on the playstore.

Otherwise tap your screen twice with two fingers and it will display your battery percentage if enabled in gear manager.
12th April 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #7  
brandibran's Avatar
Member
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 15
 
72 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
I just double tap the screen with two fingers to quickly check battery level.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brandibran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 11:36 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
TORONTO
Thanks Meter: 131
 
2,062 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandibran

I just double tap the screen with two fingers to quickly check battery level.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nice, didn't know that lol, im on null v23 rom
12th April 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #9  
lazer9's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 444
 
1,682 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

If you are using a custom launcher there are quite a few, you can use UCCW, Zooper or you could also find a battery widget on the playstore.

Otherwise tap your screen twice with two fingers and it will display your battery percentage if enabled in gear manager.

Thanks for the reply but I think there is some confusion as to what I'm after. I have UR Battery on the gear which gives me a widget already to display and see the battery level remaining on the gear itself. What I am after is a way to simply look at the gear to get a battery level reading somehow of the PHONE itself, not the gear.

PS: If I tap the screen twice, my screen turns off. I have this set up in apex and using "Screen Off" app I believe it's called. I'm thinking again though that you are referencing showing the Gear's battery level this way and not the phone's?
12th April 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #10  
animatechnica's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 151
 
748 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
I use solo battery widget which displays a circular graphic with numerical % inside it. Works well

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes