Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

friend accepted sprints new OTA. Phone wont boot past TWRP

Tip us?

schollianmj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Well it was running fine until he tapped accept on the ota so I dont know how he would have gotten the wrong kernel.... I have uninstalled the drivers a few times and reinstalled different versions. There is always one that fails when I plug in the phone. Plus I get a message on the device about mediadata unknown, or not found.... something like that. I know before he called me he tried the wipe option in twrp. I know on my galaxy s4 we were not to use the wipe data command in there, I'm thinking he did...

But I can still get to download mode so if I can get my laptop to recognise it I have faith I can lgflash tool it back to life... if I can get the drivers to cooperate...
HTC One M8 on AT&T. Rooted,S-Off Unlocked. currently runing someones ROM.... it changes so often....

I served in, and support, the US Military. Do you?

"Every night millions of people go to sleep at night and wonder if they made a difference. US Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan

schollianmj
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 85
Quick update on this... I found a tutorial on using adb and managed to sideload a rom, derp milestone 1 I believe it was, and after it completed the phone booted up just fine. My friend wanted it to be reverted back to its stock unrooted state, so I tried LG mobile something or other on my laptop... you all know, the one where you hit options then upgrade recovery and it should download and flash stick software? Well it saw the phone, and said there was no upgradeable software on it... mind you the phone still has a working twrp 2.6.3.3 on it... I don't know... I tried LG flash tool, but i can't get it to be port 41 for that to work... but at least the phone boots and runs fine now.

Still having my driver issue though. When I plug in the phone windows installs 3 drivers. One is CDC driver which always fails. No clue why.

Any ideas?
HTC One M8 on AT&T. Rooted,S-Off Unlocked. currently runing someones ROM.... it changes so often....

I served in, and support, the US Military. Do you?

"Every night millions of people go to sleep at night and wonder if they made a difference. US Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan