XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Steps I took to get KitKat on my New Nook HD+

Tip us?

TheJeremyWhite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodge32 View Post
cheers mate, i think ive worked out the problem, when im clicking install from SD card its going from the internal one not the SD card thats installed

ive downloaded your file but i cant see it in CWM as it wont let me find it, tried mounting SD card but no help either, dont suppose theres something im missing? think i have the files, just need to know how to put them on!!!
I had to reinstall CWM twice before it let me access my external SD. Make sure you have the latest version of CWM installed
One man's Brick is another man's weekend project, I Love This Sh*t!
Phone: Xperia Z1 c6906 (Bell Canada), KitKat 4.4.2 , Locked Bootloader , Rooted, Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.95-BETA, PurePerfomanceX, XLoud, Xposed Framework
Tablet: Nook HD+ 32Gb, CWM 6.0.4.5, KitKat 4.4.2 cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-ovation, PurePerformanceX
PC: Win 8.1 Pro, ASUS MB, i7-3770k Overclocked to 5Ghz, Corsair H100i Water Cooled, 32Gb RAM, Dual GeForce GTX 295 GPU's

rodge32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjohn View Post
Will CWM not let you select 'external SD card' for 'install zip'?
nope, no option, if i click mounts and storage and mount ext sd it doesnt do anything

its clearly detecting my SD card though as it goes straight into CWM, is there a newer version than 6.0.4.6, although i dont see what difference it will make as everyone else in this thread has managed it with this version...

jdjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
nope, no option, if i click mounts and storage and mount ext sd it doesnt do anything

its clearly detecting my SD card though as it goes straight into CWM, is there a newer version than 6.0.4.6, although i dont see what difference it will make as everyone else in this thread has managed it with this version...
I switched to TWRP myself, so not sure about current CWM version. Going from memory, though, I *think* in CWM you select 'install' first, then maybe the choices for zip internal (or emmc), external, sideload, etc. You shouldn't have to mount first. And just to be clear, and I apologize if you already know this, but you use the volume button to scroll up and down, and the 'n' button to select; the power button takes you backwards. I kept trying to use the power button to select instead of the 'n' button, which of course got me nowhere. I personally like TWRP better.

digixmax
Old
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdjohn View Post
I switched to TWRP myself, so not sure about current CWM version. Going from memory, though, I *think* in CWM you select 'install' first, then maybe the choices for zip internal (or emmc), external, sideload, etc. You shouldn't have to mount first.
Your recollection is correct (install zip -> select external/internal/etc.). No need to mount anything.

TheJeremyWhite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
@rodge32 is CWM installed on your internal memory?

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: Xperia Z1 c6906 (Bell Canada), KitKat 4.4.2 , Locked Bootloader , Rooted, Z1-lockeddualrecovery2.7.95-BETA, PurePerfomanceX, XLoud, Xposed Framework
Tablet: Nook HD+ 32Gb, CWM 6.0.4.5, KitKat 4.4.2 cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-ovation, PurePerformanceX
PC: Win 8.1 Pro, ASUS MB, i7-3770k Overclocked to 5Ghz, Corsair H100i Water Cooled, 32Gb RAM, Dual GeForce GTX 295 GPU's

rodge32
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeremyWhite View Post
@rodge32 is CWM installed on your internal memory?

hi, yea it is, boots up all the time into it from the image i put onto my sd card, cant get any further tho, its a nightmare i dont know what im doing wrong, i might just give up!!!

TheJeremyWhite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
hi, yea it is, boots up all the time into it from the image i put onto my sd card, cant get any further tho, its a nightmare i dont know what im doing wrong, i might just give up!!!
So, if you remove your SD card you can boot to CWM? Good, now format your ext SD and put whatever zips you want to flash on it. Insert SD, reboot to CWM. There should be no image on your ext SD, ie no booting from ext SD, but you should have access to the files on it