Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is their Return to stock with s off tutorial yet?

Tip us?

Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
IF you have an unbranded EU handset there is a way to get back to 100% stock with a bit of imagination...

1. Flash the stock odexed 1.54.401.5 ROM @mike1986. provided HERE
2. Flash the stock 1.54.401.5 recovery provided HERE
3. Relock the bootloader (or, if S-OFF, reset the tampered flag and lock it again)

You could also look into flashing the 1.54.401.5 firmware package to be ultra-sure you have everything done but if you were already on 1.54.401.5 before going custom it's not really required

That should do it...
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to 3473 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cero92
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
3. Relock the bootloader (or, if S-OFF, reset the tampered flag and lock it again)
But.. how?
I mean, I know how to relock (there's an HTC official method), but if i'm S-OFF, how can i lock?

exad
Old
Thanks Meter 1,406

DONATE TO ME
There's a thread on removing tampered and showing locked in android Dev section. I believe it just flashes a modified hboot file. Then you just need to s-on:

Fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then lock your bootloader which you know how to do.

There have been issues with running an RUU after messing with your bootloader while S-on with HTC Phones in the past so to minimize possible bricking be sure to see your CID back to its original if you changed it and possibly even leaving the phone S-Off if you plan to continue using it after returning to stock.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
My Phone: Telus HTC One M8: 3.16 HBOOT S-OFF

Exad's m8 Everything Explained Thread

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad View Post
There's a thread on removing tampered and showing locked in android Dev section. I believe it just flashes a modified hboot file. Then you just need to s-on:

Fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then lock your bootloader which you know how to do.

There have been issues with running an RUU after messing with your bootloader while S-on with HTC Phones in the past so to minimize possible bricking be sure to see your CID back to its original if you changed it and possibly even leaving the phone S-Off if you plan to continue using it after returning to stock.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
No, you can lock it first as doing the normal will show 'relocked'. When S-OFF, you can set it back to 'locked' and then S-ON again (if you really want to). Guides are in General on how to do this
Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB *** AWAITING DELIVERY ***
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]