Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is their Return to stock with s off tutorial yet?

OP Tak23

12th April 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 147

537 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

IF you have an unbranded EU handset there is a way to get back to 100% stock with a bit of imagination...

1. Flash the stock odexed 1.54.401.5 ROM @mike1986. provided HERE
2. Flash the stock 1.54.401.5 recovery provided HERE
3. Relock the bootloader (or, if S-OFF, reset the tampered flag and lock it again)

You could also look into flashing the 1.54.401.5 firmware package to be ultra-sure you have everything done but if you were already on 1.54.401.5 before going custom it's not really required

That should do it...

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to 3473 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #12  
Flag Neive
Thanks Meter: 103

626 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

3. Relock the bootloader (or, if S-OFF, reset the tampered flag and lock it again)

But.. how?
I mean, I know how to relock (there's an HTC official method), but if i'm S-OFF, how can i lock?
12th April 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #13  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 1,443

3,362 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's a thread on removing tampered and showing locked in android Dev section. I believe it just flashes a modified hboot file. Then you just need to s-on:

Fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then lock your bootloader which you know how to do.

There have been issues with running an RUU after messing with your bootloader while S-on with HTC Phones in the past so to minimize possible bricking be sure to see your CID back to its original if you changed it and possibly even leaving the phone S-Off if you plan to continue using it after returning to stock.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app
12th April 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,233

13,604 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exad

There's a thread on removing tampered and showing locked in android Dev section. I believe it just flashes a modified hboot file. Then you just need to s-on:

Fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

Then lock your bootloader which you know how to do.

There have been issues with running an RUU after messing with your bootloader while S-on with HTC Phones in the past so to minimize possible bricking be sure to see your CID back to its original if you changed it and possibly even leaving the phone S-Off if you plan to continue using it after returning to stock.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

No, you can lock it first as doing the normal will show 'relocked'. When S-OFF, you can set it back to 'locked' and then S-ON again (if you really want to). Guides are in General on how to do this
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread