Charging w/ USB cable Vs. Magnetic Dock/cable

Search This thread

bfstunoodle

Apr 12, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi everyone

I recently came across a post where a Z1C owner mentioned that to prevent the phone from losing its "water resistance", he bought the DK32 magnetic charging dock for his phone. That made me worried, will charging the phone using USB cable everyday make the phone less water resistance? What could possibly be his/her reason behind this? The only benefit I could think of the DK32 is to make charging the phone much easier and comfortable while able to rest the phone for watching movies and stuff..... So my question is, is there a durability/longevity difference between charging the phone using USB cable or magnetic dock?

Thanks everyone :good:
Noodle

tux_topo

Jan 31, 2013
CABA
The manual says that. The protector of the USB connector, has some o-ring that make the phone waterproof. So, using it too much, will gone a damage the waterproof capabillies of the phone...

Arup ZR

Aug 17, 2013
There is a cheaper charging cable which works very well so no need to spend extra bucks on the dock. I use it on my Z1c and it works very well.

LotoTutu

Dec 30, 2013
Hi everyone

I recently came across a post where a Z1C owner mentioned that to prevent the phone from losing its "water resistance", he bought the DK32 magnetic charging dock for his phone. That made me worried, will charging the phone using USB cable everyday make the phone less water resistance? What could possibly be his/her reason behind this? The only benefit I could think of the DK32 is to make charging the phone much easier and comfortable while able to rest the phone for watching movies and stuff..... So my question is, is there a durability/longevity difference between charging the phone using USB cable or magnetic dock?

Thanks everyone :good:
Noodle
Using USB cable everday means that you have to frequently open the USB Cover flap. If the seal ring of the USB cover flap worn, the water resistance will lose until you replace a new one.