can it be done please help

OP TheMadScientist420

11th April 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag johnson city
Thanks Meter: 4

78 posts
More
I want to unlock. My ls980 be it by build prop or flash it to another carrier ultimatly i want straight talk
11th April 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Athens, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 581

709 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist420

I want to unlock. My ls980 be it by build prop or flash it to another carrier ultimatly i want straight talk

I personally know from experiance if you flash Omni Rom or PA you can just pop the Straight Talk sim in and input the apn and it works fine. If you want stock firmware go to this page. Here's how you do it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...596175&page=41
The Following User Says Thank You to DREWHAMM974 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag johnson city

78 posts
More
I cant get omni to flash it fails and whats pa rom
12th April 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

281 posts
Quote:

I cant get omni to flash it fails and whats pa rom

So I'm guessing you are rooted and everthing correct? You can flash a CM11 rom, or any other AOSP rom such as Paranoid Android or the like and you will be able to use your Sim card. Personally I used this rom here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2636059
It's really fast and smooth, and loaded with features. Just download the ls980 version along with the gapps and put it on your SD, wipe data and cache but not the internal storage then flash the rom and then gapps and reboot. After get an app called Tellinfo and set the option to LTE/GSM and boom your Sim card works!
The Following User Says Thank You to juanacevedo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag johnson city

78 posts
More
so I got pa working but I try to set my APN through setting and it force closes is there another way
12th April 2014, 06:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 18

281 posts
Quote:

so I got pa working but I try to set my APN through setting and it force closes is there another way

Which rom are you using exactly? And did you try using the Tellinfo app? You could try the official CM11 nightlies or another rom based off of that.
12th April 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag johnson city

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanacevedo

Which rom are you using exactly? And did you try using the Tellinfo app? You could try the official CM11 nightlies or another rom based off of that.

Pa every time I try to got and set my APN settings force close I don't know how to maully set them from somewhere else
12th April 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag johnson city

78 posts
More
Now how about this ?tmobile dont work real good here i got data and messaging through hangouts the straight talk kit has an att sim card what roms would be good for att on a ls980
I tried the kit through cdma and it wont register on straight talk i called sprint and put another phon my linebthen they ulocked my g2 internationally ive tried the build prop and another metheod i flashed some file but im on the pa rom now and i dont care for the interface i kinda liked my jb stock ui home screeñ and such sprint wize im on zva i had stock rooted kk i like jb

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread