Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,218 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

can it be done please help

Tip us?

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default can it be done please help

I want to unlock. My ls980 be it by build prop or flash it to another carrier ultimatly i want straight talk

DREWHAMM974
Old
Thanks Meter 582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadScientist420 View Post
I want to unlock. My ls980 be it by build prop or flash it to another carrier ultimatly i want straight talk
I personally know from experiance if you flash Omni Rom or PA you can just pop the Straight Talk sim in and input the apn and it works fine. If you want stock firmware go to this page. Here's how you do it http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...596175&page=41
The Following User Says Thank You to DREWHAMM974 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I cant get omni to flash it fails and whats pa rom

juanacevedo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
I cant get omni to flash it fails and whats pa rom
So I'm guessing you are rooted and everthing correct? You can flash a CM11 rom, or any other AOSP rom such as Paranoid Android or the like and you will be able to use your Sim card. Personally I used this rom here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2636059
It's really fast and smooth, and loaded with features. Just download the ls980 version along with the gapps and put it on your SD, wipe data and cache but not the internal storage then flash the rom and then gapps and reboot. After get an app called Tellinfo and set the option to LTE/GSM and boom your Sim card works!
The Following User Says Thank You to juanacevedo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
so I got pa working but I try to set my APN through setting and it force closes is there another way

juanacevedo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
so I got pa working but I try to set my APN through setting and it force closes is there another way
Which rom are you using exactly? And did you try using the Tellinfo app? You could try the official CM11 nightlies or another rom based off of that.

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanacevedo View Post
Which rom are you using exactly? And did you try using the Tellinfo app? You could try the official CM11 nightlies or another rom based off of that.
Pa every time I try to got and set my APN settings force close I don't know how to maully set them from somewhere else

TheMadScientist420
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Now how about this ?tmobile dont work real good here i got data and messaging through hangouts the straight talk kit has an att sim card what roms would be good for att on a ls980
I tried the kit through cdma and it wont register on straight talk i called sprint and put another phon my linebthen they ulocked my g2 internationally ive tried the build prop and another metheod i flashed some file but im on the pa rom now and i dont care for the interface i kinda liked my jb stock ui home screeñ and such sprint wize im on zva i had stock rooted kk i like jb