[ROM][4.4.x][HISTORY][N7100] MoKee OpenSource Project

Search This thread

anand12

Dec 21, 2008
Pune
please help.

Hi,

yes, it should work: I flashed the ROM with TWRP 2.6.3.1. You can also first upgrade TWRP to 2.7.0.0 by flashing http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/t03g/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-t03g.zip (for a N7100) from your existing recovery (I did it few days ago).

Currently I am running cwm recovery and have been unable to flash even a single update. It gives error. Can i flash twrp recovery over cwm? Will my current rom stay unaffected? Or will I have to reflash the Rom?

Last edited:

ohtoulouz

Feb 2, 2011
Currently I am running cwm recovery and have been unable to flash even a single update. It gives error. Can i flash twrp recovery over cwm? Will my current rom stay unaffected? Or will I have to reflash the Rom?

You can flash twrp over cwm and your rom stays unaffected. However, backups done with cwm cannot be restored by twrp. I don't know the errors you have with your current cwm but it might prevent you from flashing twrp...

anand12

Dec 21, 2008
Pune
You can flash twrp over cwm and your rom stays unaffected. However, backups done with cwm cannot be restored by twrp. I don't know the errors you have with your current cwm but it might prevent you from flashing twrp...

I cannot flash updates released for this Rom in cwm. There's an error each time. It was suggested I use twrp. So I was trying to install it. But when I install twrp my phone gets stuck at first splash screen. I had to flash back cwm through Odin. Can u help please?

anand12

Dec 21, 2008
Pune
U wont lose anything u ve installed and set as long wipe data is untouched

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I followed the procedure as mentioned above. Formatted system, flashed Rom, installed OTA and later flashed gapps. But I could only update to March 03 build. March 09 and March 16 updates still have errors. I'm not using any custom kernel.:confused:

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
I followed the procedure as mentioned above. Formatted system, flashed Rom, installed OTA and later flashed gapps. But I could only update to March 03 build. March 09 and March 16 updates still have errors. I'm not using any custom kernel.:confused:

Flash a full ROM...there were some issues (fixed in future releases) in those OTAs...

anand12

Dec 21, 2008
Pune
Since the March 21 update there is a problem with pin unlock. The number pad just does not work. It's the same case with March 28 update. I had to roll back to March 16 Rom after installing both updates as I just couldn't unlock my phone.

EnZl

Jan 2, 2012
Most
Can you compare mokee camera with tw camera? What is better?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

mbl007

Jun 10, 2013
Guys can I port the original note 2 keyboard (the one with top numbers raw) to this rom? Cuz I like the keyboard with numbers raw. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mbl007

Jun 10, 2013
Guys have anyone noticed that the charging process is extremely slow????

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

magicdark

Mar 9, 2010
Bari
This ROM is great!!!I have only one problem, when I listen to music with headphones or bluetooth audio system is not stable, as if it lost the signal for a split second every 10/15 seconds. Never had similar problems with the stock rom. For the rest is a great rom!!!

Last edited:

mohit141785

Mar 28, 2013
This ROM is great!!!I have only one problem, when I listen to music with headphones or bluetooth audio system is not stable, as if it lost the signal for a split second every 10/15 seconds. Never had similar problems with the stock rom. For the rest is a great rom!!!
how does one download it been trying for many hrs always download failed

magicdark

Mar 9, 2010
Bari
When I try to install an OTA Update TWRP say:
Checking system files....
/system/build.prop has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/......(path of OTA update)'

And installation is FAILED :(
When I restart system I find old version.
I have TWRP v2.7.0.0
Any suggest?

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
When I try to install an OTA Update TWRP say:
Checking system files....
/system/build.prop has unexpected contents.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/......(path of OTA update)'

And installation is FAILED :(
When I restart system I find old version.
I have TWRP v2.7.0.0
Any suggest?

build.prop modified, OTA does not allow modification of system files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    Code:
    All the firmwares, custom ROMs, official firmware updates, mods and tools mentioned here belong to their respective developers/owners.

You will be doing everything at your own risk. 

We nor the developers cannot be held responsible if you end up damaging or bricking your device.

UCEYFux.jpg

Introduction:
    MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.

A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion...:)

Since this project is open source, anyone interested can participate in the development (maintain new devices, contribute code etc). Newcomers are always welcomed! :)
    Read here for developer application; with this, you can host your unofficial MoKee builds on our server!

Features:
    • Odexed for faster performance (only in official releases, nightlies are deodexed)
    • Incremental updates
    • OTA updates - update on the fly!
    • Native exFAT support (Samsung devices only)
    • ListView animations
    • Multi window
    • Calendar - with lunar and solar calenders
    • Lunar calendar in lock screen
    • Task switching sidebar in recent apps (the list will increase if you install supported apps)
    • Bulk SMS recipients
    • Adjustable SMS font size
    • SMS sending delay
    • Smart dialing
    • Speed dialing
    • IP dialing
    • Custom carrier name
    • Network speed in status bar (upload and download!)
    • Built in timer in Apollo - determine when to stop playing music
    • MoKee Setup Wizard
    • Active Display
    • Adjustable navigation bar height
    • Unique Power Saver functions!
    • Custom screen off animations
    • Customizable recent apps shorcuts
    • Lockscreen notifications
    • Working CM11 theme engine
    • Many more! Since we are constantly adding new features, see changelogs to keep updated!

Screenshots
    The screenshots below gets outdated very fast! :D

smZphPj.png

35Y6QnH.png

yUgLbc4.png

BEnpSq7.png

Multi-window:

6iphQej.png

ttUH12L.png

Screen Off Animations:

Scale down:

Fade out:

Unique features:

bmJ4Cls.png

IEDofbp.png

NXzewkN.png

qnXTFF8.png

HqX5aRf.png

QhtZbxe.png

0cOc34X.png

jUkisGF.png

EadDCXo.jpg

Wz6SF2T.gif

4S1NQvw.png

DMVf1Gl.png

Feature-rich settings:

z2J8yKk.png

o58MOO7.png

VdWCTKE.png

LsyzOdP.png

bn4Jhi9.png

AFS4PZ1.png

d8rNSWj.png

TWjI5Gj.png

GxggWcd.png

M5HaOei.png

utwRB3f.png

Installation Instructions:

1. Wipe data/factory reset
    2. Format /system
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash MoKee Gapps
    5. Reboot​

Donations:
    All donations will be used for bandwidth, you can see the current bandwidth usage here:
    http://traffic.mokeedev.com
    Current rate is 6TB per/month, extra at USD0.02/GB

So yea, show some "MoKee lurve" here:
    http://www.mokeedev.com/en/donations :D

Credits:
    - MoKee Developers: https://github.com/orgs/MoKee/members
    - CyanogenMod
    - AOSP
    - Koush for open-sourced SuperUser
    - Slim Roms
    - OmniROM
    - @omkarsathe92 for the videos! :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MoKee OpenSource Project, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    Ryuinferno, martincz
    Source Code: https://github.com/MoKee

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-01-25
    Last Updated 2015-07-29
    CHANGELOG:
    http://changelog.mokeedev.com

Since we're updating frequently, making manual changelogs ain't possible anymore...:p

And also take note that although I am involved in the development of this ROM, but I do not own the device, so I might not be able to answer your device specific questions...:(
    The new release does not have any cam issue, I've been using mokee from almost a month and this ajas become my daily drivers, randomly faced few FCS I assume that is because of me changing the dpi , have been on last r releases and previous 2 releases had can issue bit luckily got them sorted with the help of @KNIGHT97 and @Smeet, I've been on Agni kernel which is giving me a stand by of 17hrs and a sot of 7hours which is excellent because most of the time I am away from home or at work I hey less time to charge my device, in terms of sound its good I don't prefer DSP manager so I switched to viper4android, another reason to keep this ROM is it gives me the ability to ignore the call smart option, I am really wishing to see hover and total blackout option.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Looks interesting, what features will be added in the future?

Will there be Lockscreen Notifications or Killall button switcher ?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Well it depends as we are just a small group of people doing this during our free time...:)

Flash a full ROM...there were some issues (fixed in future releases) in those OTAs...