Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Voice Issues

Tip us?

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,016
Default Google Voice Issues

Hey Guys,

Has anyone managed to get Google Voice to work on the S5? On every other phone that I've had, and it's been a lot in the last year, I always just install the app, run through configuration and it's fine. On the S5, I simply can't get it to work.

I only use Google Voice for my voicemails. I don't make or receive calls with my Google Voice number. Every time I run through the setup it gives me an error and then says if I want to change providers or something like that. If I hit yes, it fails. If I hit no, my Google Voice voicemail doesn't work.

Any ideas? I went to the Google Voice website and deleted my phone and added it again with no success. What is going wrong?

Thanks!

osetivo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
Hey Guys,

Has anyone managed to get Google Voice to work on the S5? On every other phone that I've had, and it's been a lot in the last year, I always just install the app, run through configuration and it's fine. On the S5, I simply can't get it to work.

I only use Google Voice for my voicemails. I don't make or receive calls with my Google Voice number. Every time I run through the setup it gives me an error and then says if I want to change providers or something like that. If I hit yes, it fails. If I hit no, my Google Voice voicemail doesn't work.

Any ideas? I went to the Google Voice website and deleted my phone and added it again with no success. What is going wrong?

Thanks!
you probably need to re-forward VM to GV. My S5 kept giving me an error when I tired to do it via the app, so I manually forwarded to my GV# via..

*004*xxx-xxx-xxxx# (where xxx-xxx-xxxx is your Google Voice phone number) then Press Call

PS: I'm not certain if you need to, but I set up my AT&T voicemail before I forwarded to GV,
Galaxy Note II (AT&T LTE)
Galaxy Note (Intl.)
Nexus 7
AT&T Galaxy Tab (3G+Voice)
Nexus One
The Following User Says Thank You to osetivo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

karmuh
Old
(Last edited by karmuh; 12th April 2014 at 05:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 76
I guess I got lucky -- I ran through the GV setup via the app and it worked perfectly the first time. I kept having issues when trying to set it up on my mothers S4...had to eventually reboot her phone and change it manually in settings. For my S5, it worked fine the first run through.

I also set up AT&T visual voicemail before GV. I did this just to double-check if my old voicemails were still there.
Retired Devices:
[Black] 16GB iPhone 5S (Damaged)
[Black] 16GB iPhone 5

Current Devices:
15" MacBook Pro Retina (Mid-2012) -- OS X 10.9.3
[White] 16GB AT&T Galaxy S5 -- KitKat 4.4.2 --
Rooted via Towelroot

WizeGuyDezignz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by osetivo View Post
you probably need to re-forward VM to GV. My S5 kept giving me an error when I tired to do it via the app, so I manually forwarded to my GV# via..

*004*xxx-xxx-xxxx# (where xxx-xxx-xxxx is your Google Voice phone number) then Press Call

PS: I'm not certain if you need to, but I set up my AT&T voicemail before I forwarded to GV,
That worked like a charm, thank you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app