Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MA4 Modem

Tip us?

xxsalxx786
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default MA4 Modem

I have a quick question.
I am currently running beanstalk 4.4.2. I am on ma4 modem. Which is the latest modem I can flash to get better signal. I am currently getting none. Thank you.

terpin32
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsalxx786 View Post
I have a quick question.
I am currently running beanstalk 4.4.2. I am on ma4 modem. Which is the latest modem I can flash to get better signal. I am currently getting none. Thank you.
Im on mk6

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsalxx786 View Post
I have a quick question.
A link for the modem is here in Zen's Stock MK6 thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2589891
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1659
If you are sure the modem is the cause of weak reception, put all the modem zip files on your sd card and experiment with each one. Sometimes the latest and greatest might not be the best for your region. Give each flashed modem a day to "settle in" before you judge.

Cases and hand position can also interfere with reception. The antennas are at the top right corner as you look at the front.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain View Post
If you are sure the modem is the cause of weak reception, put all the modem zip files on your sd card and experiment with each one. Sometimes the latest and greatest might not be the best for your region. Give each flashed modem a day to "settle in" before you judge.

Cases and hand position can also interfere with reception. The antennas are at the top right corner as you look at the front.
Excellent advice. Not a lot of people realize that or try that.

Also maybe experiment with APNs.

Depending where I'm at, sometimes the MA4 modem works better than the MK6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Please get out of my Van Halen t-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up....

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1659
Yeah, and I do switch APN's. The old cingular APN is my faithful fallback position.

rampaadh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain View Post

thank you..