Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Evita Part of Touchscreen and Navigation Button Don't Work

OP 1-800-Taco

12th April 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
The middle and bottom of touchscreen to be specific
12th April 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 6,817

14,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Really? That's all the information you're going to provide?

Sent from my Evita
12th April 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag La Puente
Thanks Meter: 51

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-800-Taco

The middle and bottom of touchscreen to be specific

Have you dropped it or what were you doing before it occurred?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

Really? That's all the information you're going to provide?

Sent from my Evita

If you want to help, you could at least try to guide him by asking him to provide some background or whatever you need.
12th April 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jun10rocks

If you want to help, you could at least try to guide him by asking him to provide some background or whatever you need.

I'm willing to help anyone who isn't too lazy to write more than a one line "description" of their problem. It goes without saying that as much relevant information as possible is needed, surely that's common sense. All it takes is to be bothered to look at a couple of threads here on XDA to realise that. The very least I could do is nothing, which is probably what a one line description deserves, but I did actually hint at the need to provide more information.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk
12th April 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag La Puente
Thanks Meter: 51

185 posts
More
Quote:

I'm willing to help anyone who isn't too lazy to write more than a one line "description" of their problem. It goes without saying that as much relevant information as possible is needed, surely that's common sense. All it takes is to be bothered to look at a couple of threads here on XDA to realise that. The very least I could do is nothing, which is probably what a one line description deserves, but I did actually hint at the need to provide more information.

Then, if you're not interested, don't do anything. Ignore threads/people like this and let all the crap from these lazy people pile on and delete them later on. Tl;dr you can't just simply expect everyone to follow all the rules...nonetheless, teach themselves.
12th April 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Have you dropped it or what were you doing before it occurred?

Yes I've dropped it a few times, but the problem didn't occur immediately after, so I don't think that the hardware is damaged. I'm running the latest cyanogenmod 11 nightly, hboot 2.14. Also sometimes when I turn it on the touch screen doesn't work at all, restarting the phone fixes that issue, however.
12th April 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

14,154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Then, if you're not interested, don't do anything. Ignore threads/people like this and let all the crap from these lazy people pile on and delete them later on. Tl;dr you can't just simply expect everyone to follow all the rules...nonetheless, teach themselves.

I absolutely can and do expect everyone to follow the rules, because it's those rules that people need to agree to when signing up for this site. Don't have a go at me for voicing frustrating at somebody else not doing the right thing, that's completely backwards. One wouldn't go to a doctor and simply say "I'm unwell" without giving any further information, that analogy applies here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-800-Taco

Yes I've dropped it a few times, but the problem didn't occur immediately after, so I don't think that the hardware is damaged. I'm running the latest cyanogenmod 11 nightly, hboot 2.14. Also sometimes when I turn it on the touch screen doesn't work at all, restarting the phone fixes that issue, however.

You should try running an RUU. If the problem persists you most likely have a hardware issue.

12th April 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

I absolutely can and do expect everyone to follow the rules, because it's those rules that people need to agree to when signing up for this site. Don't have a go at me for voicing frustrating at somebody else not doing the right thing, that's completely backwards. One wouldn't go to a doctor and simply say "I'm unwell" without giving any further information, that analogy applies here too.

You should try running an RUU. If the problem persists you most likely have a hardware issue.

Will do, thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread