Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,901 Members 39,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Evita Part of Touchscreen and Navigation Button Don't Work

Tip us?

1-800-Taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Evita Part of Touchscreen and Navigation Button Don't Work

The middle and bottom of touchscreen to be specific

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,168

DONATE TO ME
Really? That's all the information you're going to provide?

Sent from my Evita
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!

Mystic_Portal
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-800-Taco View Post
The middle and bottom of touchscreen to be specific
Have you dropped it or what were you doing before it occurred?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Really? That's all the information you're going to provide?

Sent from my Evita
If you want to help, you could at least try to guide him by asking him to provide some background or whatever you need.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jun10rocks View Post
If you want to help, you could at least try to guide him by asking him to provide some background or whatever you need.
I'm willing to help anyone who isn't too lazy to write more than a one line "description" of their problem. It goes without saying that as much relevant information as possible is needed, surely that's common sense. All it takes is to be bothered to look at a couple of threads here on XDA to realise that. The very least I could do is nothing, which is probably what a one line description deserves, but I did actually hint at the need to provide more information.

Sent from my One XL using Tapatalk

Mystic_Portal
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
I'm willing to help anyone who isn't too lazy to write more than a one line "description" of their problem. It goes without saying that as much relevant information as possible is needed, surely that's common sense. All it takes is to be bothered to look at a couple of threads here on XDA to realise that. The very least I could do is nothing, which is probably what a one line description deserves, but I did actually hint at the need to provide more information.

Then, if you're not interested, don't do anything. Ignore threads/people like this and let all the crap from these lazy people pile on and delete them later on. Tl;dr you can't just simply expect everyone to follow all the rules...nonetheless, teach themselves.

1-800-Taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Have you dropped it or what were you doing before it occurred?

Yes I've dropped it a few times, but the problem didn't occur immediately after, so I don't think that the hardware is damaged. I'm running the latest cyanogenmod 11 nightly, hboot 2.14. Also sometimes when I turn it on the touch screen doesn't work at all, restarting the phone fixes that issue, however.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,168

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Then, if you're not interested, don't do anything. Ignore threads/people like this and let all the crap from these lazy people pile on and delete them later on. Tl;dr you can't just simply expect everyone to follow all the rules...nonetheless, teach themselves.

I absolutely can and do expect everyone to follow the rules, because it's those rules that people need to agree to when signing up for this site. Don't have a go at me for voicing frustrating at somebody else not doing the right thing, that's completely backwards. One wouldn't go to a doctor and simply say "I'm unwell" without giving any further information, that analogy applies here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-800-Taco View Post
Yes I've dropped it a few times, but the problem didn't occur immediately after, so I don't think that the hardware is damaged. I'm running the latest cyanogenmod 11 nightly, hboot 2.14. Also sometimes when I turn it on the touch screen doesn't work at all, restarting the phone fixes that issue, however.
You should try running an RUU. If the problem persists you most likely have a hardware issue.

1-800-Taco
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I absolutely can and do expect everyone to follow the rules, because it's those rules that people need to agree to when signing up for this site. Don't have a go at me for voicing frustrating at somebody else not doing the right thing, that's completely backwards. One wouldn't go to a doctor and simply say "I'm unwell" without giving any further information, that analogy applies here too.

You should try running an RUU. If the problem persists you most likely have a hardware issue.

Will do, thanks!