Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,376 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my warranty now void or not?

Tip us?
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
(Last edited by xXPR0T0TYPEXx; 9th April 2014 at 10:56 AM.)
#1  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 518
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default [Q] Is my warranty now void or not?

Hello xda,
I did root my s3 mini (GT-i8190) with vroot because I don't like to flash always with Odin for root access. Vroot rooted successfully my s3 mini. Then my system status was set to : CUSTOM after restart but that's no problem for me. Then I downloaded recovery tools [Root] from play store and installed Clockworkmod. Then I flashed CM 11 from NovaFusion because I like CyanogenMod But today I checked my system status then i saw this in odin mode :

Odin mode
PRODUCT NAME : GT-i8190
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD : No
CUSTOM BINARY : Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS : Official

(Please check uploaded pic.)

I don't understand why my system status is back to official.
Current I have Clockworkmod recovery and CM 11 installed.
And now my question did I lost my warranty or not?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397035824767.jpg
Views:	1928
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	2676496  
JackoMJ Old
#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXPR0T0TYPEXx View Post
Hello xda,
I did root my s3 mini (GT-i8190) with vroot because I don't like to flash always with Odin for root access. Vroot rooted successfully my s3 mini. Then my system status was set to : CUSTOM after restart but that's no problem for me. Then I downloaded recovery tools [Root] from play store and installed Clockworkmod. Then I flashed CM 11 from NovaFusion because I like CyanogenMod But today I checked my system status then i saw this in odin mode :

Odin mode
PRODUCT NAME : GT-i8190
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD : No
CUSTOM BINARY : Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS : Official

(Please check uploaded pic.)

I don't understand why my system status is back to official.
Current I have Clockworkmod recovery and CM 11 installed.
And now my question did I lost my warranty or not?


Quote:
CUSTOM BINARY : Samsung Official
This is a fake setting from the developer (as in many other ROMs too).
When you flash a custom ROM your warranty went away - thatīs a fact.
The only way to set it back to official is THIS WAY
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xXPR0T0TYPEXx
Old
#3  
xXPR0T0TYPEXx's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 181
Posts: 518
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoMJ View Post


This is a fake setting from the developer (as in many other ROMs too).
When you flash a custom ROM your warranty went away - thatīs a fact.
The only way to set it back to official is THIS WAY
I think the ROM didn't change it as fake to official but thanks for the info.
 
klopp-o-mat
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 127
Join Date: Oct 2013
I had rooted my mini and not installed any rom but as i flashed stock rom root went away ( i wanted that) but my csc changed to KOR, is my warranty avoid?
And i have a question: when i only root my phone and then unroot will be the warranty avoid there too or not?

Sorry for my bad englisch and
Thanks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app
JackoMJ Old
#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by klopp-o-mat View Post
I had rooted my mini and not installed any rom but as i flashed stock rom root went away ( i wanted that) but my csc changed to KOR, is my warranty avoid?
And i have a question: when i only root my phone and then unroot will be the warranty avoid there too or not?

Sorry for my bad englisch and
Thanks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
but my csc changed to KOR
it doesnīt matter
Quote:
when i only root my phone and then unroot will be the warranty avoid there too or not
reboot in download mode (vol- + home + power) and have a look to CBC

MJ
 
tys0n
Old
#6  
tys0n's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,242
Posts: 1,981
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stockholm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoMJ View Post


This is a fake setting from the developer (as in many other ROMs too).
When you flash a custom ROM your warranty went away - thatīs a fact.
The only way to set it back to official is THIS WAY
Nice to see that my old threads are still alive and at help

Sent through time and space from my s3mini/CM11
 
klopp-o-mat
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 127
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoMJ View Post

it doesnīt matter

reboot in download mode (vol- + home + power) and have a look to CBC

MJ
So it means i can root my Device again but my warranty would not be avoid till i install a custom rom? Am i right or not

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app
JackoMJ Old
#8  
Guest
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: n/a
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by klopp-o-mat View Post
So it means i can root my Device again but my warranty would not be avoid till i install a custom rom? Am i right or not

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app


if you flahs a custom rom your cbc will increase and your warranty is dead.
But there is a possiblity to set it back to complete official status (see post #2 here)
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
klopp-o-mat
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 127
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackoMJ View Post

if you flahs a custom rom your cbc will increase and your warranty is dead.
But there is a possiblity to set it back to complete official status (see post #2 here)
Ok thx now i understood

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Speed Up Jenkins Configuration Process with TSJ

When you are theleader of a largedevelopment project, Gerrit isn’t the only tool that … more

AutoData Regulates Your Connectivity to Save Battery Life

It’s absolutely no secret that battery life is somewhat of anundoingformany … more

Tale of the Great Recoveries

About a week ago, our fantastic writer and my esteemed colleague Tom embarked on a mission to learnthe vast and … more

How to Make Your GPS Lock Faster – XDA Developer TV

Nothing is more frustrating than opening up Google Maps and it taking way to long … more