Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible to go from 4.3 I535VRUCML1 update to install CyanogenMod yet? d2vzw

Tip us?

HunterT
Old
(Last edited by HunterT; 12th April 2014 at 03:03 PM.) Reason: Add image to post.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Possible to go from 4.3 I535VRUCML1 update to install CyanogenMod yet? d2vzw

http://www.xda-developers.com/wp-con...4-576x1024.png
Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 I535 (Verizon) and have been done with flashing custom roms for a while now. I figured I would just wait until my contract is up in May go to At&t and get the Nexus 5 (straight off Google's site). I actually got in the mood to put Cyanogenmod on my phone until my contract is finally up. I hear all of this talk about Knox and once you upgrade to 4.3 I535VRUCML1 there is no turning back.

Can someone with plenty of experience confirm that there is absolutely no possible way to get Cyanogenmod on my phone at this point without bricking it. I have been searching all over the web and just can't figure it out. Some people are coming up with guides to flash a hacked version of the VRUCML1 update and then install CWM and Cyanogenmod from there.

So the main question is...
Is it possible at all to ever get CWM / Cyanogenmod back on my S3 that currently has the latest (4.3 I535VRUCML1). I am willing to attempt anything since I am getting rid of the phone in 2 months. Also not selling it afterwards since screen is cracked.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 641
There is no way yet, but maybe soon. A post looked promising a few days ago.

I'll post here if I find something.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Greyveil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also am very interested in this topic, same build phone and also want to use Cynogenmod