Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device bricked, can't flash System, bootloop into Flashmode

Tip us?

Raffii
Old
(Last edited by Raffii; 10th April 2014 at 08:26 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Here I am again

I would like to restore my TA Backup to be sure to get warranty.

But I struggle to get root access... I didnt find a pre rooted firmware as a .ftf that i could flash.
I also didn't find a pre rooted firmware that worked by flashing it via fastboot ("fastboot -i 0x0fce update update.zip"). So if anyone has one please give me a link.
The older firmwares before android 4.3 don't boot if I flash them and on the one i am currently on (.266) it is really difficult to get root access.

So unlocked the bootloader again to flash Doomkernel because it should be rooted. And in theory it would but I cant get proper root access because I am unable to flash the supersu.zip.

Do do that I would need the recovery and I am unable to do anything in the recovery because I am not able to see anything on the screen.

When the device is booted completely I can use a MHL Adapter to see what I am doing (but still have to guess where to touch)

I then installed LogMeIn Rescue (hard to type passwords when you have to guess where to touch for every letter ) to see the Display because to use ADB I need to use the same port as for the MHL Adapter.. So I could accept the ADB Dialog.

But still without SuperSu i can't give root access to ADB so I can't use the restore TA Tool.

So does anybody has any idea how to get root access without being able to use the recovery to flash anything?

I also thought about restoring the TA manually but there are only instructions how to do it manually with adb.

It could work with something like "fastboot -i 0x0fce oem flash TA TA.img" with the TA.img i can extract from the TA Backup.
But I don't know where to flash it to so how the partition is called (propably not TA ) and doing this wrong might result in a very nasty brick of the device again.

So if anybody has any suggestion on how to restore the TA Backup or get root access in ADB in my current situation I am happy to try it

But thanks anyway for all the help until here

Greetings Raffi

Raffii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
No Ideas?
Tags
bricked, flashmode, system, xperia sp