Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Question about possible raised edge of screen

Tip us?

Chewieez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Question about possible raised edge of screen

Does everyone's M8 have a slightly raised screen and speakers? I'm trying to find out if mine is normal or odd. The edges of my phone are slightly lower than the screen and the speakers. I read some reviews that mentioned that the M8 has edges that were higher than the screen so if you placed the phone screen down, the screen didn't actually touch the table. Is that the case with the Sprint M8? Is the Sprint M8 slightly different than other carriers, maybe due to the Harmon Kardon dealio?

I plan to head to a Sprint store in the next couple days to see what the display model looks like. I have a SERO account so I had to order my phone through Telesales so I'm a bit worried that if I have to exchange it, it could be a pain.

Thanks for any insight!

slayer69
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewieez View Post
Does everyone's M8 have a slightly raised screen and speakers? I'm trying to find out if mine is normal or odd. The edges of my phone are slightly lower than the screen and the speakers. I read some reviews that mentioned that the M8 has edges that were higher than the screen so if you placed the phone screen down, the screen didn't actually touch the table. Is that the case with the Sprint M8? Is the Sprint M8 slightly different than other carriers, maybe due to the Harmon Kardon dealio?

I plan to head to a Sprint store in the next couple days to see what the display model looks like. I have a SERO account so I had to order my phone through Telesales so I'm a bit worried that if I have to exchange it, it could be a pain.

Thanks for any insight!
Its normal. There are 3 here where I work and they are all raised. My wife's is raised too. These are all Sprint versions.
The Worst Bad Seed!!!

Phone: HTC ONE!!!
Change Sprint Banner-EVO 3D:Here
Themes: EVO 4g: Slayer69's Dragon Theme | EVO 3D Port | EVO 4G LTE
Mods: Asus Dual Battery Widget for Transformer Prime

Help my Evo Application Fund:

The Following User Says Thank You to slayer69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chewieez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69 View Post
Its normal. There are 3 here where I work and they are all raised. My wife's is raised too. These are all Sprint versions.
Thanks for the quick reply!! It's comforting to know my phone isn't the odd duck.

Loving the phone! (just came from the EVO LTE)

slayer69
Old
Thanks Meter 654

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply!! It's comforting to know my phone isn't the odd duck.

Loving the phone! (just came from the EVO LTE)
Anytime, Yea people I have showed the phone notice it....I tell them its better then having your fingers hit the edges of the phone...I can't stand it when that happens.
The Worst Bad Seed!!!

Phone: HTC ONE!!!
Change Sprint Banner-EVO 3D:Here
Themes: EVO 4g: Slayer69's Dragon Theme | EVO 3D Port | EVO 4G LTE
Mods: Asus Dual Battery Widget for Transformer Prime

Help my Evo Application Fund:

Chewieez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69 View Post
Anytime, Yea people I have showed the phone notice it....I tell them its better then having your fingers hit the edges of the phone...I can't stand it when that happens.
Interesting that they notice. I didn't notice or care until I bought the Case Mate Barely There case which says in it's marketing that it has a lip to protect the screen around the edges, but the one they shipped me didn't have a lip. So I started wondering if maybe my screen was higher than it should be. I also bought a Incipio Featherlight case and it does have slight lip. I'm not sure yet which I prefer. I don't really need the lip as I never put my phone down on it's screen side, but I like that the Featherlight case is a matching grey color, while the Casemate is just boring black. Really tough decisions right? ;oP

-Apollo-
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:

Thanks for any insight!
I totally get it! I've had every Sprint HTC Flagship since the Hero. HTC makes beautiful awesome devices! With that being said, I am really critical of craftsmanship too and I've had some kind of gripe with every one of them. From crooked screen, dust under screen, light bleed, dead pixel, raised speaker grill like yours, you name it! Even my M7 took a few exchanges lol. Yes, I'm kinda anal, but for the price of these devices I expect perfection I guess. With my M8 I am good with all it's "character flaws" as it's a beautiful device. I'm not even gonna do a dead pixel test...I'm happy! Like I said, I get it...go swap it out if you're able to do it, make sure you're happy! Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to -Apollo- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]