Explain ART

OP Nosrub

12th April 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Franklin
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
I will be receiving my new S5 Monday and I've saw some people on the forums talking about a thing called ART . What is it? Does it make the phone perform better then usual? I'm sorta new to the forums and I have a little bit of knowledge that involve rooting and such. I'm just looking to learn more.
12th April 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 29

311 posts
This is a pretty good explanation here. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...rt-of-android/

But It basically goes like this. Dalvik has smaller apps and that open slower. ART transitions those apps into larger files, but they open faster. So ART apps would download slower, but be rendered faster in the tapping of the icon. If I got most of what was said, that's basically it. Unsure of battery implications though.
12th April 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Franklin
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgerryx

This is a pretty good explanation here. http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...rt-of-android/

But It basically goes like this. Dalvik has smaller apps and that open slower. ART transitions those apps into larger files, but they open faster. So ART apps would download slower, but be rendered faster in the tapping of the icon. If I got most of what was said, that's basically it. Unsure of battery implications though.

So let's say I download the usual apps using ART , those apps will take up more space on my phone but will run and open faster?
12th April 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

251 posts
Donate to Me
More
how will we decompile them?
13th April 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 29

311 posts
As far as I've read, yes. So with bigger capacity phones the larger files have no consequence and the apps have better functionality.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread