Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 52,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 firmware Update

Tip us?

jakson0100
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 13th April 2014 at 12:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Galaxy S5 firmware Update

The firmware are currently available for the international Snapdragon-powered variant (model number SM-G900F)
Mod Edit link removed

Firmware for the Exynos variant (SM-G900H) are now online as well, along with firmware for the U.S./Canadian variants (SM-G900W8).
The Following User Says Thank You to jakson0100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Darth Ziggurat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakson0100 View Post
The firmware are currently available for the international Snapdragon-powered variant (model number SM-G900F)
Source.

Firmware for the Exynos variant (SM-G900H) are now online as well, along with firmware for the U.S./Canadian variants (SM-G900W8).
I have root, CF-autoroot applied with Odin. I tried to OTA (after doing a backup of course), but it detects root. Is there any way I can update and continue to be rooted?

fortuneman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Ziggurat View Post
I have root, CF-autoroot applied with Odin. I tried to OTA (after doing a backup of course), but it detects root. Is there any way I can update and continue to be rooted?
It seems like I got the latest version yesterday already so I cant really test it, but my guess is that KIES update would work. The OTA stops me right at the checking for the new firmware while KIES reports there is no newer version.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10,767

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Please use this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2715487

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED