Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

LTE?

OP DREWHAMM974

12th April 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #11  
Winter Garden
Thanks Meter: 81

1,025 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronic2009

Thanks for your very useful input, we understand what sprint LTE bands are already, most of us need to be on 1700. So, since it is a hardware issue not software, can you please enlighten us to which piece of hardware handles these LTE bands?

Also I don't see anywhere it says our hardware, the qualcomm snapdragon 800 is incapable of the 1700 LTE band, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...Snapdragon_800 , actually it is proven the hardware is very capable by the other carriers, such as T-mobile and Verizon! I love it when people say you can't or won't ever get something done, motivates me, thanks again

I am thinking about trying to flash a VS980 modem.img, has anyone tried this, soft brick? I have a few different G2 variant builds and I am sure the answer is in one of them! I am wondering, if opening up and editing the original modem.img is possible?

:Smashes head into wall: The problem is that the Hardware isn't setup to accept 1700 it is a antenna issue not software. Just thought I would let you know before you brick your or someone else's device
12th April 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #12  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 92

508 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcarrera

:Smashes head into wall: The problem is that the Hardware isn't setup to accept 1700 it is a antenna issue not software. Just thought I would let you know before you brick your or someone else's device

I and others already mentioned that, but if they don't listen what can we do, let them learn the hard way.
13th April 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 13

73 posts
More
Thanks for the info, best of luck on all your work!
FYI, soft bricks aren't a problem when you keep back ups handy, and just flashing the VS980,D800,D801 and the D805 modem.img's have caused nothing more than UI crashes, some random reboots and no network settings at all available, easily fixed with original modem.img, I would NEVER recommend doing anything I haven't put my own phone through first and having recovery in place, thanks though!
Last edited by Cronic2009; 17th April 2014 at 08:31 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread