Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,488 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LTE?

Tip us?

Jbcarrera
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronic2009 View Post
Thanks for your very useful input, we understand what sprint LTE bands are already, most of us need to be on 1700. So, since it is a hardware issue not software, can you please enlighten us to which piece of hardware handles these LTE bands?

Also I don't see anywhere it says our hardware, the qualcomm snapdragon 800 is incapable of the 1700 LTE band, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdra...Snapdragon_800 , actually it is proven the hardware is very capable by the other carriers, such as T-mobile and Verizon! I love it when people say you can't or won't ever get something done, motivates me, thanks again

I am thinking about trying to flash a VS980 modem.img, has anyone tried this, soft brick? I have a few different G2 variant builds and I am sure the answer is in one of them! I am wondering, if opening up and editing the original modem.img is possible?
:Smashes head into wall: The problem is that the Hardware isn't setup to accept 1700 it is a antenna issue not software. Just thought I would let you know before you brick your or someone else's device
Phone- LS980
Tablet- Nexus 7 (grouper)
retired- Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC EVO (Supersonic)

Missing the ease of Nexus for my phone.

If I helped you hit the thanks button if you want to donate send it to the devs they deserve it Thank you
Don't use drop box? try it out click on this link and get us both some extra space! http://db.tt/H7bI4T8

abhinav.tella
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcarrera View Post
:Smashes head into wall: The problem is that the Hardware isn't setup to accept 1700 it is a antenna issue not software. Just thought I would let you know before you brick your or someone else's device
I and others already mentioned that, but if they don't listen what can we do, let them learn the hard way.

LG G2
LS980 (Sprint)
(Stock ZVC Rom)
Past Devices: HTC Butterfly, HTC One X - Tegra 3, LG Nitro HD, LG G2x, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 5800, Motorola Razr Maxx, Palm Treo 650

Cronic2009
Old
(Last edited by Cronic2009; 17th April 2014 at 08:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks for the info, best of luck on all your work!
FYI, soft bricks aren't a problem when you keep back ups handy, and just flashing the VS980,D800,D801 and the D805 modem.img's have caused nothing more than UI crashes, some random reboots and no network settings at all available, easily fixed with original modem.img, I would NEVER recommend doing anything I haven't put my own phone through first and having recovery in place, thanks though!
Phone: Sprint LGE G2 LS980
Custom Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3
ROM: Stock Jellybean 4.2.2
Radio: ZVA
Carrier: Simple Mobile
LG G2 Index of ROMS, Kernels, and more!!! HERE