OP Wiltron

13th April 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 53

186 posts
More
Hello all

I have a Jawbone UP24 band, and am currently using IFTTT for some personal recipes and what not.

For those that aren't aware, the UP band and its software has the ability to vibrate my band whenever I've been idle for too long, to wake me up from a nap, a smart alarm to go off every workday morning, among other things.

It obviously has some sort of API or method to use the time from my phone to vibrate the motor in the wireless band, so I'm wondering, is there a way to set it up so that my band can vibrate whenever I receive an SMS, Hangouts or other notification?

There's a few recipes in the IFTTT site for SMS, and the UP Software, but none that I can see that tie in with the UP method/call to vibe the wristband. Even if it's sending a fake notification to vibrate the band, and it thinks it's an idle alert, but really it's because an SMS came in, that's fine. Let me know. I have access to IFTTT, I'm on KitKat with my Xperia Z1, it's rooted, and lastly, I own/use an UP24 band daily

Let me know what I can do to help you, and if you need anything. I have a ZL which I can use a testing device. It's not my daily driver so it's OK if it bricks, but please try not to do that :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread