Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 51,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Fake Profiles in XDA

Tip us?

IjazCI
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Location [Q] Fake Profiles in XDA

While Visiting Profiles of some Devs /Senior members i saw some profilers with zero posts thanked the OP. I mean even for irreverent posts. Which means there are so many fake profiles in xda which are created just to increase thanks meter. I Think its so lame.

I think a real dev doesnt go for fake thanks. Does Xda gives rank like junior/senior member, recognised contributer etc.. according to thanks meter?
PHONE : Xperia M
ANDROID : 4.4.2
ROM : CM 11 fxp322
The Following User Says Thank You to IjazCI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justmpm
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by IjazCI View Post
While Visiting Profiles of some Devs /Senior members i saw some profilers with zero posts thanked the OP. I mean even for irreverent posts. Which means there are so many fake profiles in xda which are created just to increase thanks meter. I Think its so lame.

I think a real dev doesnt go for fake thanks. Does Xda gives rank like junior/senior member, recognised contributer etc.. according to thanks meter?
The thanks meter was implemented to help keep the forums from filling up with "useless" thank you posts. Junior/Senior member is determined by post count. Recognized status (RC, RT, RD) has different criteria and it is largely dependent on the quality of the posts. Some users, especially new ones, put too much value on the thanks meter and it can be abused, so if you do notice any of these suspicious accounts please PM one of the moderators and we will investigate it. xda is also full of lurkers who follow threads but don't post very much, so it isn't always thank you count inflation.
The Following User Says Thank You to justmpm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]