Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] delete this?

Tip us?

luda214
Old
(Last edited by luda214; 18th June 2014 at 04:05 AM.) Reason: Solved
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [q] delete this?

Ok people, this is not my first post, although it says it is. I used to be on here and a few other sites as ldawg214. I've done some things but alas I quit for awhile and can't remember my old password (so if any mods can help me there that would be cool.) But the reason for this post is that I'm trying to get a custom rom on my mytouch 4g with 2.3.4 Gingerbread. I know I need to downgrade to froyo using adb but the files fre3vo and misc_version_01 are just blank data files. I don't know if they are supposed to be like that but everything I've searched for on this is at least 3 years old. I've gone ahead and tried adb but it always just tells me the the file or directory doesn't exist. Does anyone know if this method still works?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912

Starting to feel like this is impossible and I know what I'm doing lol.

garleest
Old
Thanks Meter 291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda214 View Post
Ok people, this is not my first post, although it says it is. I used to be on here and a few other sites as ldawg214. I've done some things but alas I quit for awhile and can't remember my old password (so if any mods can help me there that would be cool.) But the reason for this post is that I'm trying to get a custom rom on my mytouch 4g with 2.3.4 Gingerbread. I know I need to downgrade to froyo using adb but the files fre3vo and misc_version_01 are just blank data files. I don't know if they are supposed to be like that but everything I've searched for on this is at least 3 years old. I've gone ahead and tried adb but it always just tells me the the file or directory doesn't exist. Does anyone know if this method still works?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178912

Starting to feel like this is impossible and I know what I'm doing lol.
Haven't rooted a glacier in a while. But I'll try to help you. Here's a link to the rooting process. I've always used gfree. If you need any files let me know and I'll upload them.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Instal...he_HTC_Glacier

luda214
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you so much but it turns out I was just missing a few steps (as usual) lol. So I am now perm rooted with s=off. I think that's all I have to do and now I can flash a custom rom. That's what I'm on my way to do now. Thank you again.

luda214
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by luda214 View Post
Thank you so much but it turns out I was just missing a few steps (as usual) lol. So I am now perm rooted with s=off. I think that's all I have to do and now I can flash a custom rom. That's what I'm on my way to do now. Thank you again.
Okay, I think this can be deleted. I've got s off and installed sabsa_prime and so far it's working great. If anyone sees this though, after all that root checker basic says that the phone doesn't have root access.........WHAT??? How is that possible?