Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,708 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MIUI v5

Tip us?

UN5EEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] MIUI v5

Anyone else running MIUI v5 off the official site? Each time I try to install it viaTWRP it automattically fails. I do a full wipe as stated in the instructions, dalvik/cache/data an still nothing. I was wondering if anyone at all has tried to install MIUI v5 and if so were you successful or not. If successfull what exactly did you do to get it to run?

cmlusco
Old
(Last edited by cmlusco; 13th April 2014 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 915

DONATE TO ME
I have not tried it, but what is the specific error it gives when it fails to flash?

EDIT: I went to the Miui site and looked and it only shows htc one, but not different variants such as sprint/Verizon. So I downloaded and tried to flash it anyways, and it fails for me too saying its for different device.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UN5EEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco View Post
I have not tried it, but what is the specific error it gives when it fails to flash?

EDIT: I went to the Miui site and looked and it only shows htc one, but not different variants such as sprint/Verizon. So I downloaded and tried to flash it anyways, and it fails for me too saying its for different device.
Sorry for not being more specific. I tried again and got that same error as well. I'm wondering if there's any work around for it then. I couldn't find anything in the comments about it though.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

UN5EEN
Old
(Last edited by UN5EEN; 13th April 2014 at 05:45 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=vie...age=2&mobile=2

Post number 36 seems like a possible solution. Gonna try it later tonight. Will post results.

EDIT: Following the solution in post 36 made it to where I could install the ROM just fine, but upon boot it would not read my SIM and would reboot randomly.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk