Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Add buttons to app drawer?

Tip us?

sbiricuda
Old
(Last edited by sbiricuda; 13th April 2014 at 12:18 AM.) Reason: Sorry, I meant "notification drawer" not "app drawer"
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Add buttons to app drawer?

Hi

Is there a way to add quick buttons to the notification drawer (the one you open by just swiping down on the screen, I mean), instead of tapping the upper-right button first?

There are very few options I use very often (like wifi on/off, plane mode on/off, rotation on/off) and I wish I could have those buttons directly in the notification drawer, instead of doing one more tap on the related button.

Any idea?

I've looked over the Internet but I can mainly find either apps that include other apps in the drawer or development explanations. I would just like to have a "widget" at the top of the drawer.

Thanks
HTC One M8
I'm happily Android Revolution(ed)!

Android Revolution 5.5

Goodbye my old Samsung Captivate Glide, I've loved you mate!

Andyw2100
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiricuda View Post
Hi

Is there a way to add quick buttons to the notification drawer (the one you open by just swiping down on the screen, I mean), instead of tapping the upper-right button first?

There are very few options I use very often (like wifi on/off, phone mode on/off, rotation on/off) and I wish I could have those buttons directly in the notification drawer, instead of doing one more tap on the related button.

Any idea?

I've looked over the Internet but I can mainly find either apps that include other apps in the drawer or development explanations. I would just like to have a "widget" at the top of the drawer.

Thanks
This doesn't really answer your question, and you probably know this, but there are certainly widgets or mini-apps or something that would let you put something on your home screen (or a different screen) to control those things.

sbiricuda
Old
(Last edited by sbiricuda; 13th April 2014 at 12:16 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyw2100 View Post
This doesn't really answer your question, and you probably know this, but there are certainly widgets or mini-apps or something that would let you put something on your home screen (or a different screen) to control those things.
Yeah there's a native widget doing this, thank you.
Yet I'm looking for the same thing in the notification drawer.

In the meantime, if you know a widget that I could freely customize, plese feel free to tell
HTC One M8
I'm happily Android Revolution(ed)!

Android Revolution 5.5

Goodbye my old Samsung Captivate Glide, I've loved you mate!

umsheikh
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Nova Launcher might make things easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiricuda View Post
Hi

There are very few options I use very often (like wifi on/off, plane mode on/off, rotation on/off) and I wish I could have those buttons directly in the notification drawer, instead of doing one more tap on the related button.

Any idea?

Thanks
So this is not a complete solution, but it will get you closer to what you are looking for. The pre condition is that you have to be using Nova launcher or any other launcher that supports gestures. So in case of Nova, you change the swipe down gesture to "Expand Quick Settings". This way at least when you are on the home screen, you can quickly get to your settings by swiping down or whatever other gesture you use.
Tags
app drawer, button, widget